Siri in Denmark

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Mzee, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Mzee macrumors newbie

Can I buy an apple tv remote in england and use it on my danish bought device to access siri whilst still in Denmark ?

2. martinlk macrumors member

martinlk

I think the remote is the same for all countries. You just need to change your region in software. At least that's what I think.

3. Mzee thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope the remote in Denmark does not have the Siri microphone and speaker in the top and turning on Siri on the APTV4 is unenabled. I was hoping that I can turn it on by buying a rmote from the UK

4. loekf macrumors 6502

loekf

Not true, it's one and the same remote. I live in Holland and there at least a mic at the top of the remote. Just a matter of time I hope...

5. Wunderwally macrumors member

Wunderwally

You need an Apple ID from a supported Country (UK, US, Germany etc.) and set the fitting language and Region. So f.e. you want Siri in german, you'll need a german Apple ID, set the region to Germany and the language to german.

6. Mzee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, tak for det
    If you check in the applestore uk and the applestore dk and look at the remote one can buy you'll see that the danish remote does not have a microfone or speaker on the top as the uk one does. So just even if I could turn on Siri there would still be no contact as there is no microfone

7. Mzee thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but the remote will still have no mike and no speaker

8. Wunderwally macrumors member

Wunderwally

It's the same hardware! This was answered by Apple staff numerous times. Also it wouldn't make any sense as Siri is a softwarefeature. So when Siri for other countries is finished we would've to buy a new remote. Siri is just not enabled in not supported countries.

Yes it does. All remotes are the same and have a built in microphone (or two iirc) and no speaker!

9. Mzee thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple literally sells two different remotes one for Siri enabled countries and one without a speaker and microphone to Siri unenabled countries.
    This was new to me as I'd been reading all about the APTV4 in english with everyone raving on about how good the Siri function is but upon buying it from the danish apple store finding I can't use Siri.
    It's not just turning Siri on it also envolves changing the remote

10. Mzee thread starter macrumors newbie

No they are not Siri restricted to 8 countries, seperate remote
    Check it out
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...-separate-remote-for-other-countries.1913646/

11. Mzee thread starter macrumors newbie

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...-separate-remote-for-other-countries.1913646/

12. Wunderwally macrumors member

Wunderwally

1. There is no remote with a speaker.
    2. Yes Siri is only supported in eight countries at launch.
    3. IT IS THE SAME REMOTE

Why do you even post here? We answered your questions und just say no to everyone.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/58194

Here an Apple Staff said it's the same hardware.

Then just read the thread and you'll get your answers (the same by the way)

13. Mzee thread starter macrumors newbie

Simply not true http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...-separate-remote-for-other-countries.1913646/

14. Wunderwally macrumors member

Wunderwally

lol yeah you're of course right, you know everything.

HERE AGAIN → https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/58194

IT'S THE SAME HARDWARE.

Also if you're right how could i use siri on my new Apple TV in austria which is not supported and "apparently" doesn't have the siri remote?

15. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I can also repeat it, and I am even from Denmark and knows how it looks: IT IS THE SAME REMOTE! You prefer Apple to write IT IS THE SAME REMOTE! in danish?

And you can also have active Siri if you want to - You just need to set it to one of the languages that support Siri, just like we could on the iPhone 4S back when that was released, even though we just recently got Siri in danish.

Click your own link and read Apples support file in that thread: There's even a picture of the remote with a microphone, and the accompanying text: IT IS THE SAME REMOTE! (okay, not exactly those words, but the same meaning anyway).

16. Janala macrumors newbie

I live in Sweden and I changed to a UK-Apple-ID and Siri works like a charm, so everybody has the same remote.

17. plexdk macrumors 6502

I bought my apple tv on the danish apple store.. It has siri, just change location to US :)

18. zinned macrumors regular

19. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

stubborn is stubborn...

Got my Siri to work yesterday, simply awesome feature
    (also: http://www.apple.com/dk/tv/specs/ that hole on the remote top is the mic, Apple just don't want to confuse people who would think they could talk danish to their TV, thus not mentioning the mic and Siri support in English or German)

20. recoil80 macrumors 68000

It is the same remote but you have to use an apple id configured for one of the supported countries
    I don't know why they don't allow people to change only the language for Siri, I don't want to change my Apple ID just to use Siri on the TV

21. plexdk macrumors 6502

It's because the danish store/netflix for instance, has a lot of danish titled movies. English siri wouldnt understand that.

22. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I understand that, but if I chose english as my Siri language to search for a movie title I expect to find english results.
    Most of Siri searches would be in the form of "show me action movies" or "show me movies for kids" etc. and Siri doesn't have to understand the title, just the category.
    I'd like to have a choice and be able to use Siri, although I may miss some of my local movies or apps. It would be better than nothing

23. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

My apple ID is danish, the language on Apple TV is english and Siri is english - netflix is danish
    no problem what so ever (if you read teh guide I provided above from reddit, you would see you do not actually change store just region, which you reset shortly after siri is enabled)

24. recoil80 macrumors 68000

Thanks I didn't read the reddit post, I'll try tonight and hopefully I'll be able to use Siri