Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
In terms of responsiveness, Siri is finally meeting my expectations after the 7.0.3 update. I've used it quite a bit the last couple of days and it has been VERY fast and quite accurate.

Siri is a handy tool for me but was hobbled with frustrating delays ever since its first release, and particularly so after iOS 7 first came out. I was swearing at it way too much.

Finally, now, it works as intended. Very glad to see this. I figured eventually Apple would straighten out their issues with online services, and it looks like they are getting there.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Agreed at first with 5S it was slow as… a lot better now, I even find myself using the dictation function quite a bit too!

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Siri is server based. Most, if not all added responsiveness, accuracy and added features is coming from Apple themselves not phone updates. Unless you had lag with Siri opening or something.

It's still hit or miss for me even on 7.0.3 but it's MUCH better then it was when it was first launched.

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
From the change log apple states this
"Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice" So I am sure ether could do other changes to Siri.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Siri is server based. Most, if not all added responsiveness, accuracy and added features is coming from Apple themselves not phone updates. Unless you had lag with Siri opening or something.

It's still hit or miss for me even on 7.0.3 but it's MUCH better then it was when it was first launched.

It's a combo of local preprocessing and server side processing. I think there was something in the phone side of the processing that was causing lag and/or dropped connection attempts. In any case Siri remains highly responsive for me since 7.0.3. It's a huge difference.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
In terms of responsiveness, Siri is finally meeting my expectations after the 7.0.3 update. I've used it quite a bit the last couple of days and it has been VERY fast and quite accurate.

Siri is a handy tool for me but was hobbled with frustrating delays ever since its first release, and particularly so after iOS 7 first came out. I was swearing at it way too much.

Finally, now, it works as intended. Very glad to see this. I figured eventually Apple would straighten out their issues with online services, and it looks like they are getting there.

I was just saying this exact thing to a friend earlier today. For whatever reason, since 7.0.3 Siri has been quick and accurate. Whether it actually has to do with the 7.0.3 update or a server update that occurred at the same time, I couldn't say, but Siri has been flawless since the update. I haven't had to repeat myself since the 7.0.3 update. This includes menial tasks like setting timers to asking about specific players or scores of games. I'm very happy with Siri right now and hope she stays like this. Glad someone else is noticing the same thing I am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.