Siri is great... for a few hours :/

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MultiMediaWill, Oct 14, 2011.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Remember when everyone was face timing that first day? Same thing with Siri. It is great to play with for a few hours the first day then it gets old and boring. Who else feels like they got robbed while updating to the 4S?

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

But its so much more useful than facetime. I mean, you can use it to text while driving... Thats no novelty.

3. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Actually I'm using FaceTime now more than ever. It took a long while for most of my friends and family to get a iPhone 4. When I first got my iPhone 4 I only knew one other person with one.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

You have to actually "do" stuf with your phone for it to be useful. If you just text, surf the web, and watch media then it isn't going to help much.

I'm always making tasks and using the calendar in college so it's going to get a ton of use after class.

5. urkel macrumors 68030

I have to partially agree with this. Siri is absolutely amazing technology but just like A Rube Goldberg machine then sometimes it's just faster to bypass the novelty and crack the egg yourself.

BTW. The other "cool to demo barely used app is iMovie. Remembwr how we all thoughr wed be making cool little videos for all our friends and families? Well how many did we actually make...

6. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I picked up my IP4S this morning and then we left on a road trip. Siri ROCKS on a road trip. And, replying to emails, and sms while on the road and doing it safely? YAY for siri.

oh, ps: I use FaceTime DAILY.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Agree 100%

8. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

My wife and I were asking it funny questions all night tonight.

I can't wait to use it more pratically tomorrow - like for directions and movie times and stuff.

I love Siri.

9. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

i think i will love the activate siri by placing phone to ear... need to call someone? make sure screen is on, then hold phone to ear "call home" badabing badaboom :)

10. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

One place I see myself using it often? cooking. How many whatevers in a whatever, without getting fingerprints all over the screen? I'm there.

11. nastebu macrumors 6502

If you're bored this soon with something that you just started using it's because you want to be bored.

12. urkel macrumors 68030

I thought Siri would work like Jarvis in Iron Man where its voice activated queries. SIRI, how many liters in a quart would be useful but if it requires touch then its not a good cooking companion. I use the iPad all the time and it can get messy.

13. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

As mentioned, FaceTime took a while to roll out to the masses. I was the only one of my close friends and family with an iPhone 4 for a while.

Siri doesn't require other people, just your own voice. It's actually really useful, especially when you don't want to type texts or emails, and for using your iPhone while driving. I'm really loving it.

14. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

No, I don't feel disappointed. I wasn't expecting my new phone to fill some gaping hole in my life... just to be better and faster than the one I had before, with some new functionality that will make parts of my life easier. I got that.

15. meder87 macrumors regular

Siri will provide plenty of use. I always like to look up info and set reminders. Also texting while driving will become a million times safer.

16. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Because you don't feel you will use Siri much you feel you were "robbed?" If thats what you consider being robbed it may be time to switch back to a clamshell to prevent future letdowns.

17. fort macrumors member

Agree 100% If the ONLY thing it did was take dictation for text and email it would totally be worth it. Very helpful..... One of first ways she/it helped me tonight = Me: "How late is Best Buy open?" Siri: "I'm sorry, I don't know but here is your local Best Buy" and boom there is map with location, address and phone # Correct me if I'm wrong but there would be NO faster way to check this info than using Siri :D

18. Azadre macrumors 6502

Siri is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Especially for sending texts.

19. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

OP, why did you buy the 4S if you don't need voice commands? What were you expecting Siri to do?

20. 2010RS macrumors 6502

i feel like i got robbed reading your post.

21. luked14 macrumors 6502

The important thing to remember is that Siri is still in beta. Look at how much it can already do on launch day. Just wait until it can work with third party apps.

22. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I'm actually using diction more but its also a part of Siri.

23. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

it will really benefit my blind wife. typing is so slow for her. with voiceover it would be more useful for most. ask where are you siri brings it up and tells you. it would be good if you could open aps with siri too.

24. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

OP is 100% wrong. He probably would have said the same thing about the mouse, or even the printing press. The ability to communicate with your handheld computer by voice is no mere novelty. It's a revolution, and today it just got started.

25. MultiMediaWill thread starter macrumors 68000

Same thing was said about Apple's Ping. Look how that turned out.