Siri looks amazing!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wordoflife, Oct 4, 2011.

1. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I honestly did not expect Siri to be that big of a deal, but oh my goodness, it's freaking brilliant. At first I was pretty indifferent about the new iPhone (not disappointed, but not surprised either), but this Siri thing pretty much negates that for me. I'd buy an iPhone 4S just for Siri (well, I have a 3GS anyways..)

I know Macrumors posted this video, but in case you missed it, here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4D4kRbEdJw&feature=player_embedded

If you actually got a chance to see the keynote presentation, there are many other cool things. You can basically talk to it any way you want, and it'll give you a very good answer. You can ask it things like "What time is it in Berlin, Germany?" and it would actually be able to pull that up. Additionally, you could also ask it to "wake me up tomorrow at 6", "Do I need a jacket today?", or "remind me to pick up the mail when I get home"

Honestly, I'm really impressed. Reminds me of Jarvis from Iron Man, actually. :) I'm not really sure why I wrote this, but I guess it's mainly to shed some light to those who didn't really bother looking at Siri (I know a lot of you guys did, but I'm sure some haven't - myself included until 20 minutes ago because I thought it was some "generic garbage that I'd only mess around with once when I got my phone.")

I'm so excited.

2. gadget123 macrumors 68000

At first I thought it sounded silly but I can see this being as big as "Ibooks" and other great ideas from Apple.

I can see it being much cooler in future Iphone releases. Would be cool if you can ask it to turn the Iphone on and off? not sure if it can already but it can reply to texts which is amazing.

3. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I was confident they were going to make it better than the original siri app, and they did.

However.... that voice. My god it's almost 2012. It sounds like a GPS from 6 years ago when it talks back to you. I'm not trying to complain- I can see myself using this feature a lot and I will learn to get past the voice.