Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Up until today, a text box would show up whenever I ask Siri to tweet or post to Facebook, like this:

image.jpg

Normally, I would then type right into text.

This morning though and all day, this is whats's happening:

image.jpg

And it's not limited to my iPhone. Same thing is happening with my iPad:
image.jpg

Did Apple change something with the Siri servers overnight, or are Siri components on my iPhone and iPad corrupted? Yes, I searched on Macrumors for similar issues, but found none.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
When I do this, I dictate what I want to tweet, and then the text box appears so that I can edit or send.

I can do that, but it was easier to tap to type for me.....

Is there way I can fix it, or is it on Apple's end and they somehow disabled it? (It's not working on my mum's iPad also)

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Seriously, anyone else experiencing issues, or is it just me? If it's just me, HOW DO I FIX IT?!?!??!?

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Well, in my opinion it doesn't/shouldn't matter whether something seems silly, the OP was simply asking if anyone else can reproduce the behavior.

Yes, I can. My devices behave the same way. You could file a bug report.

Last year a few weeks before the launch of the 5S, Siri's functionality and behavior suddenly changed as well. See this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1625246/

It's possible that Apple is rolling out Siri updates in preparation for iOS8 but it would be nice if that could happen without breaking existing functionality. When they broke the ability to reply to text messages last year, it was frustrating for people who like to use Siri while driving.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Planning to update to iOS 8 beta this week (it's beta 5, it's time to install on main everyday device for development as final phase before GM release for testing) to see if it fixes. If it does fixes the issue, then it's defineltey released to Apple prepping for iOS 8. If not, planning to file RADAR bug report. (Along with the data logs as always required by Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.