Siri Responds to TV

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by McPc, Sep 24, 2014.

1. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

I heard a distant voice as I was watching a news show on TV and had my iPhone charging on a shelf. I looked around and saw the that the phone screen was illuminated and apparently the voices on TV talking about Syria triggered Siri :p

2. sandersen macrumors newbie

That's exactly what happened to me last night and it freaked me the hell out! I'm not sure what was said - possibly an iPhone commercial? There goes my ghost theory :eek:

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

4. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

When your iPhone is plugged into a power source, all it takes is "ok siri" or something that sounds like that to trigger her :) It's happened to me too.

5. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

To add to the hilarity, I was recently in a hotel room and on the TV, a character yelled out, "Hey Sarah", and it was enough to trigger Siri. Happened twice in that same block of the show!

6. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Since this works, Apple should release a commercial that starts with "Hey Siri" and communicates with her throughout the commercial. Everyone with a connected iPhone would be part of the commercial.

7. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I was listening to audiobook on my Touch, and one of the phrases was "She sighed."

Daniel (he's a male voice, so I renamed him) said, "I don't understand - who sighed?"

Cracked me up.

8. PhillyGuy72 macrumors 6502a

PhillyGuy72

Heheh, just came here to post this. Yes this has been happening while my phone is charging. Random TV shows at random times, I did rewind my DVR when it happened once, play again and a name "Cindy" triggered Siri.

Just happened again watching CNN. The word "Syria" triggered it not once but three times. Followed by "I'm not sure what you said..."

No complaints, the words, how they sound are similar, I can see how it can set Siri off. On the plus side it is working - sensitive, but working. I can always turn the feature off but I actually use it.

9. gstevie macrumors 6502

gstevie

As much as I would like that and find it quite cleaver, in the world post U2 album 19th Sept - I would say that people would actually riot if Apple took it upon themselves to include the world in on their advert without consent. People love overreacting and would soil themselves to scramble over each other to throw each other on to the prior of Apple bashing.