Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BanjoBanker, Oct 22, 2011.

1. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

I bought a new iPhone 4S Friday night to replace my trusty, but failing, 2G and I really like it. Works with my home 3G Micro Cell great and all the old apps came over. My question is this, how is Siri working on other's 4S iPhones? Various functions work well one time and not at all the next time. Is Siri a beta or maybe just not ready for prime time? I think the concept is great, it just seems the first pass is a little rough. Anyone else having the same issues?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

3. lilo777 macrumors 603

It's both: Beta and not ready for prime time.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Siri's ability to connect to the server is apparently on par with the OP's ability to scan the front page of this forum.

5. lilo777 macrumors 603

It is indeed very annoying how many threads about Siri problems we have on this forum.

6. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Agreed. But OP seems nice enough and that's no reason to be rude. You, along with a couple of others here, need to get over yourselves. The level of hate around this place astounds me sometimes. The thread title is clearly about Siri, something you made perfectly clear you're tired of reading about, yet you clicked anyway and then proceeded to interject your opinion (which I could frankly care less about). How about you just not click next time and maybe try and grow up a bit?

7. BanjoBanker thread starter macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

Sorry, I don't live in NYC so obviously I am not as smart as you.:cool:

8. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

why must ppl be so uptight & obnoxious?

9. SamDenial macrumors newbie

Yeah its an excellent feature added to iPHone4s and I am enjoying with Siri.

10. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

...except that the title is just "Siri". That could be a whole host of things; Siri updates, Siri news -- and we're all interested in news updates for Siri. But this isn't news. it's redundant and lazy and yet another example of the sheer amount of people unwilling to even glance at all the active threads posted on the front page. threads like this already exist in multiples. adding more to the pile + adding nothing new is akin to spam pure and simple.

11. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I am also disappointed in Siri, but I guess they covered that by saying it was beta. Here's some things Siri can't do:

Can use alarm, but not stopwatch
    Can't read email
    Sometimes won't read new texts
    Can bring up weather for a week but can only comment on today or tomorrow
    Cannot open apps

At this time there's not much to do with her.