Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daooof

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
I love the hands free siri app right now.... makes my phone completely usable without having to touch it. With this app it'll be even better.

edlo83

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
plese update us on the battery drain. if there's any at all. thanks.

I've been using Hands-Free today, and the battery definitely drains faster with this tweak. I've also lost the keyboard click sound when typing, and the phone doesn't vibrate when the mute button is switched to silent.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm also using the hands free control for Siri and can't wait for this combo. Tomorrow will be my first day with the hands free control on so we'll see how the battery life does.

omgitskevin

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

http://www.jailbreaknation.com/siritoggles-with-siri-adjust-3g-wifi-brightness-launch-apps-and-more

Scroll down to comments for link and follow instructions. The repo should be up for it today!

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
How's the battery like with the microphone running 24/7?

Personal experience with the app, it drains the battery, not much, but it's noticable I guess. No more than Intelliscreen battery drain. What I did though is went into the settings and switched it from "Normal", to "Very Strict", which cuts out the background noise for the app, so it's not listening for "Siri" or whatever word you're looking for unless you literally say 'SIRI' into the phone, and my battery has been normal since.

I dont know what app somehow has been mysteriously having my phone go into "No Service", which makes me go into settings./general/network to turn data off and back on to get it back

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I'm beginning to rethink if I want this. SBSettings isn't really that difficult andI don't suffer battery life. plus if it's in say my pocket and I want to talk about Siri does it turn on? I'll probably try it just to try it. not sure if it will be a keeper though.

Aidy06

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2011
Personal experience with the app, it drains the battery, not much, but it's noticable I guess. No more than Intelliscreen battery drain. What I did though is went into the settings and switched it from "Normal", to "Very Strict", which cuts out the background noise for the app, so it's not listening for "Siri" or whatever word you're looking for unless you literally say 'SIRI' into the phone, and my battery has been normal since.

I dont know what app somehow has been mysteriously having my phone go into "No Service", which makes me go into settings./general/network to turn data off and back on to get it back

Arent you talking about a different app? Sounds like you're describing hands free controls not Siri Toggles

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
Arent you talking about a different app? Sounds like you're describing hands free controls not Siri Toggles

this is what she asked about, which was hands free. Which went hand and hand with the thread. Look at her quoted text.

----------

daooof said:
I love the hands free siri app right now.... makes my phone completely usable without having to touch it. With this app it'll be even better.
How's the battery like with the microphone running 24/7?
..this.

omgitskevin

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

MattZani said:
This is what Siri should have been capable of anyway, hopefully be on Cydia soon!

Check my post for a link if you want it now.

ercsliberty

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011

Check my post for a link if you want it now.

thanks for this, how did you put it in the right location on the phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.