Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kate.

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
US
There is RSS support. There just isn't a button for it. If I copy/paste a forum URL into Google Reader, the feed is discovered. Works on the main forum URL as well.

BadboyHouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
RSS support is fairly rubbish though - if you copy and paste the URL of whichever section you are in, and paste it into your RSS reader, you actually get entries from ALL sections, i.e. every new post - not just new posts from the section you copied and pasted.

For instance, I only want an RSS feed containing new posts from the iPhone, IOS, and MacBook Pro sections. It doesn't seem to allow you to do that.

Other forums, e.g. Comicbookresources.com allow you to do this and the code above, if added to mac rumours would provide full, proper RSS support.

Unless I'm missing something of course and there's already a way to do this!

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
I have a Geektool python script that outputs the ten most recent threads in News and Articles to my desktop, but that's all I can get it to do. It only shows the last ten original posts, and won't even shuffle as people reply in the thread.

I'd love to have the ability to display the most recent threads in any section, such as the Mac Pro section and such. If that's possible, I'd love to know about it!

BadboyHouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
I have a Geektool python script that outputs the ten most recent threads in News and Articles to my desktop, but that's all I can get it to do. It only shows the last ten original posts, and won't even shuffle as people reply in the thread.

I'd love to have the ability to display the most recent threads in any section, such as the Mac Pro section and such. If that's possible, I'd love to know about it!

It's deffinitely possible - the link in my first post details it.

It just needs the site admins to implement it.

BadboyHouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Didn't know arn was admin. doesn't show role on mobile forum.

We really do need individual rss feeds for each forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.