Size matters...., poll

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HiFiGuy528, Oct 20, 2008.

?

Size Matters

Poll closed Dec 19, 2008.
  1. 8GB

23 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. 16GB

42 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. 32GB

46 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Just wanted to get a feel of which iPod Touch everyone has and why you choose that size.
    1st or 2nd gen, I don't discriminate. :D

2. granavefenix macrumors newbie

32GB, and if it were a 64GB available, y would bougth it. Nowadays 32GB is not too much.

:cool:

3. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

I would also like to see a 64GB model soon, right now I have a 32GB 1st and 2nd Gen iPod Touch.

4. GT41 macrumors regular

At the time I bought mine 16GB was the largest, but to be honest I can't really see needing anything bigger. I use my touch instead of a laptop most of the time and for me I rarely need anything more than a few GB of music and maybe a couple of movies... and the important stuff like files, addresses and cal take up very little space in comparison.

I am not a memory hog. :D

5. ~Wibble~ macrumors member

8gb

i constantly change whats on it tho, so it doesnt really effect me

~Wiggle~

6. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

16g Not too big...not too small...Juuust right! :)

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

8. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I have a 16GB because that is the highest capacity Apple had when they first released it last year. :)

9. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

8GB First Gen.
    I bought it because ... well at the time I had very little music/videos/etc in itunes.

But then .... I bought my 16GB iPhone 3g. White.
    Either way ... I still love them both. And I use Both of them frequently.

10. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Do I need one if I already have a iPhone? I want to because I don't want to kill the battery on the iPhone.

Your thoughts and which one?

11. jesses macrumors regular

jesses

16 GB because i wanted an upgrade from a 8 GB nano.

12. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

For me, 32GB is the sweet spot that enables me to carry what I want.

13. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

32GB and I'd like a 64GB or even a 128GB one. I know there's only so much you can listen to/watch in a day but I love having as many TV episodes/Movies available. As it is I have to cherry pick through my TV Shows for the ones I might want- it'll be nice one day in the future to just have the lot in one go :D

14. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Understand.

It's nice not having to choose what to carry with you.

For me, 32GB provides me enough space to have a nice selection. Of course bigger would be better.

Ten years from now, we will be laughing at how it was so limited back then. :)

15. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU Win MO OS 7_0 like Windows XP; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.1.1 Mobile/9F007 Firefox/525.20)

Well I carry both (iPhone 3G 16GB/iPod Touch 2nd Gen 32GB) because I don't want to drain the battery on my phone. I suppose it depends on how much you travel and what you'll use the iPod for.

16. darfel macrumors member

It's nice to have a larger amount of space, but the price per GB is perfect for the 16GB. Roughly, 16GB gives me 8GB for movies and podcasts, 6GB for music and 2GB for photos then a few MB for apps and the rest for the OS.

17. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.1.b (iPod-3G1; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_B like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

8gb holds enough music / video for me to carry with for a couple of days (my usage), and I actually stream many podcasts / web radio wirelessly so the size of the iPod storage is irrelevant when doing that.

[​IMG]

18. mzd macrumors 6502a

i like having as much of my music on hand as possible, so the largest - 32GB. to me that is one of the major benefits of having an iPod.

19. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Wait?

8 inch ipod touch? ;)

[​IMG]

20. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

I bought 2 8GB versions for my sons for Chirstmas... only had so much money to spend and they pretty much took it all!

21. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

8GB is was too small/useless especially if you love watching Movies/TV Shows.

32GB sounds right but over priced.

I went with the new 16GB, though now I have to exchange it. After delicately removing it from it's poor packaging, I got his HIGH CONTRAST. :mad:

22. gear71428 macrumors member

I have a huge media library and 16GB is the perfect size touch for me. It is big enough to get me from one hot spot (where I can download content from my library) to another hot spot (where I can download different content from my library).

What I would love would be a slingbox app so I could also download content directly from my Tivo as well. That would make trips to the gym easier because instead of dumping TV shows (from the Tivo) into my Mini and downloading them as I want them I could just skip the Mini and sling it right to the touch.

Another thing that would be great would be to have my entire library in a cloud site (can do it now through MobileMe but too costly for the extra space needed to store my whole library) so I could get content from there rather than from my Mini via the web.

23. 80sarcades macrumors newbie

Thought about getting a 16GB Touch, but downgraded that to 8GB...I'm never very far from my computer anyway and the 8GB is the right size to hold several gigs of music, 3 movies, apps, photos, and the assorted podcast. I guess in the future I might upgrade to a 16GB if I get enough movies/tv shows collected but the 8GB is prefect for me.

No matter the size, the coolness factor still reigns...

24. le sacre macrumors regular

i agree with the 64GB-wanters. i suspect i'm far from the only person whose music collection would fit entirely on 64 but doesn't come close on 32.

moot point for me anyway--i won an 8GB model for filling out a survey, and i can't justify buying a 32 when i already have an 8!