Sketches send by different email address

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Goaliegeek, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I just got my watch to update to watchOS 2, and I sent a sketch to my girlfriend afterwards, and when she received it, it was sent from my iCloud email, not my phone number like it used to. In the iMessages setting, I only have my phone number to send and receive to. Tried digging through all the Apple Watch settings on the watch and on the app. Everything seems normal. Don't know why it won't send via my phone number like it used to so when she receives a sketch, she gets my full contact.

2. chrisxglass macrumors newbie

3. Recognition macrumors 6502

Recognition

I found that if I send a multicoloured sketch, it gets sent via my iCloud account (which is not setup on my phone or watch?!)
    If I send a single coloured sketch it gets sent by my usual contact details.

Try sending a single colour sketch and see what email address is used then?

4. Goaliegeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I sent just a plane white one and it still used my iCloud. She updated to 2 and hers still sends from her number, like before.

5. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

same issue happening. Sketches are being sent from my icloud email address. Cant find a setting that wouldve changed this.

6. TheACN macrumors newbie

Same here... Realized when my wife told me my picture wouldn't show up on sketch notifications, and wondered if i accidentally used an account she didn't know about :)

7. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

There was another person who had the exact same issue as your are reporting. He tried everything. I did ask what email address was showing on the apple watch app on the phone under general / apple id. I bet that is correct though and has your proper apple itunes id.

He also checked the settings on the phone under system / general / messages to make sure the proper account was chosen for send/receive.

Maybe one of those will help you? In the end, I think he was going to unpair and re-pair.

8. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

Same here, I added the contact email address again (so I had a duplicate on the contact card) deleted one of them and now it works like normal.

9. Goaliegeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Under the Apple ID for the watch is using the correct email. Under the phone, I have my iCloud email, but it is not checked to be used. I just removed it and it still sent sketches via my iCloud email.

10. RaNdOm macrumors regular

RaNdOm

Same problem here for myself and my husband. A fix would be appreciated.

11. dedufour41 macrumors regular

dedufour41

Samesies

@@