Skull Candy RMA is horrible

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by celticpride678, Jul 1, 2009.

1. celticpride678

What are your experiences? Mine is not so good. Here is the story:

My Black INK'D headphones had no sound coming from the left earbud only a month after purchase. So...as normal I sent them out using the RMA system from their website back on May 30th. I had been told they were received, and I would be getting a tracking number soon. Well, two weeks passed and still no tracking number. I decided to call them and find out what is going on. It turns out that my color headphones were discontinued. THEY COULDN'T EVEN SEND AN EMAIL, WHAT IF I DIDN'T CALL?? Anyway, fine. I choose a different color. Then another week and a half passed and still no tracking number. I called again and asked where my product was. It turns out that they had a minor delay in their warehouse and it would be another few days before being sent out. I said fine and hung up. Guess what, another two weeks passed and still no tracking number. I called for a third time on Tuesday and they said that they are still in the warehouse and would be shipped in the coming days. We all know that is impossible because the 4th of July is coming up this week and obviously nothing would be shipped that weekend and the Monday after. Well now what? I have not been able to listen to my iPod foe over a month now and am not very happy with Skull Candy. When I asked if they could overnight it because I have waited so long...they said no and I hung up.

What are your experiences with Skull Candy RMA and other RMA's in general. What do you think about this story?

I think I have really bad luck with RMA's because something similar happened with Linksys, but that is another thread.:D

2. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

I always thought with Skull Candy, you were paying for some cool design rather than quality headphones. I've never owned a pair, but the ones I've used weren't anything to write home about.

3. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I agree. Their headphones are great when you start off (first few days) and then the quality just gets worse and worse. Eventually, they just break. I will give them two more weeks and if I don't get my headphones, peace Skull Candy:D

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That sucks because they were hosting some meet and greet in Huntington Beach a couple of weeks ago and really pumped their product.
    Hope it all gets sorted.

5. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

Yeah, I was just at Warped Tour yesterday, and as per usual, they had a huge Skull Candy tent/listening area.

6. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Yeh, me too.:)

7. Sir SpemzR macrumors 6502

Ive always tried to look for cool looking headphones and of course i bought a pair of Skull Candy headphones and they sucked :mad: $40 down the drain..i had them for a month and a half and they blew out...

Only cool headphones ive had last are my Nixon Nomadics
    http://www.nixonnow.com/headphones/

Ive tested them all and they all sound great...
    even have some to use as my headset for my phone..

I recommend them

8. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

BOSE RMA is the best! I called them because I just wanted to see if I can replace my perfectly working Bose Companion 5 and I made up some buillshit excuse and they gave me an RMA confirmation and even sent a box to ship the product to them. :) But I didnt because it wasnt really broken nor was there anything wrong with it haha. I just wanted to see if I could.

And besides, if anything goes wrong with my bose product, Ill just buy a new one from a local store then return the broken one haha :) If it goes to that point.

9. itisme1760 macrumors 6502

I just went through SkullCandy RMA and I am sorry to hear you have to go through all that. My Chrome Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket's left earphone also went out (cause i wrapped it around my iPod) and I did an RMA thing over their website. They responded back in an email that they received the RMA request, and they told me to ship the headphone jack back to them. I did. One week later, they email me saying they received it and they should be shipping the new pairs within 2 weeks. I got it in 3 days. I thought my experience with them was pretty DAMN good.

I'd give em another call or to, and be firm.

10. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

What do you think I should say? I mean will they get really mad and never send me my product

11. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Yup Skullcandy sells terrible headphones for a premium price. It's the new "cool" thing to have though.

12. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I agree. Everyone has them now. But after all of this, I don't think I will be one of those people. Bose, here I come:D

13. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Yup the thing about Bose is if it does break... chances are its still available for sale at a local retail store so you can buy a new one and return the broken one haha just say it didnt work lol.

Make sure the broken one is clean and like new though so it doesnt look like its been used

14. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

actually why dont you buy a new one of that same exact model and return the old one aye? haha

15. kmaute macrumors 6502

kmaute

Not everyone is such a stand-up guy like yourself... I pity the next person who picks up something which you defrauded the retailer into returning. Seeing how you advocated doing it three times in this thread, do you think that it's a new trick you've discovered? Same thing with the false RMA of the Bose product. You sound like a real classy fellow.

16. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

OK guys....
    Can we please get back to RMA's and not frauding stores? Thanks.:)

Should I call them today? What should I say? Thanks.

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

My JAYS broke after 4 months! :eek:

Cost me so much money, and yet the cable connection is loose.

18. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

There. Fixed that for you.

19. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Actually I worked at a computer retail store and I've seen many customers doing it. I hated doing their returns. And for now, I hate BestBuy for their poor customer service, hence why I am encouraging people to do it. And FYI, I have never done it before.

20. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

Well, I think I will be calling them Monday and figuring this whole thing out.:)

21. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Ask to speak with a supervisor! And ALWAYS get anyone you speak with's name and any possible ID number. If you have that info, they are more likely to help you, because they know you can get them in trouble.

22. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I only think there are two people working there because the three times I have called them, I talked to the same two dudes.:D

Should I demand a overnight shipping thing. I mean, I have not been able to listen to my iPod in ovew a month and a half.

Really ticked off right now at Skull Candy.
    Might get even madder on Monday:)

23. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

Aren't these like $20 earbuds?

What do you expect at that price? Where did you buy these? If it was a big box store, you would have been better off exchanging them for another pair.

24. matt1219 macrumors regular

Exactly. I had Skullcandy over-ear headphones and didn't realize how crappy they were until I switched to Sony earbuds. Best decision I've made.

25. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I had some skull candy in ears a long time ago that i really liked. I was just as angry after a few months when it they started to to turn static-y and one side would lose sound. but i would wrap them around my ipod evenutally pinching off the connection to the jack (like someone mentioned). I bought another pair that i still have but don't use as often now b/c i bought some over the ear headphones that i use more often, but the replacements are as strong as ever.

in the end it was my fault, I've had apply earbuds do the same thing but it was just a habit i guess (use to doing it that way with video game controllers over the years i guess). although the guage of the skull candy wires were much thinner then most any headphone wire out there.