Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zdlyons

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Hi, I'm using the new Skype 5.0 Beta for my mbp, and there is a red notification number on my dock icon, but i can't find how to check them? Anyone know how to do this on this version? thanks.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-12-07 at 3.54.59 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-12-07 at 3.54.59 PM.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 138

zdlyons

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Downgrade to 2.8. Seriously. 5 is junk atm.

obviously you haven't used it yet. i just upgraded and far prefer the upgraded version. Is there someone who is actually knowledgeable who knows the answer to my question?

Andreas Grauel

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
Bonn, Germany
Could be a bug in Version 5.0. Remember it is a BETA ;-)

The beta is really not as good as it seems. It takes up way to much cpu power just for idle. There is a lot of work to do till I try it again.

zdlyons

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Could be a bug in Version 5.0. Remember it is a BETA ;-)

The beta is really not as good as it seems. It takes up way to much cpu power just for idle. There is a lot of work to do till I try it again.

Good point andreas. thanks

gorjan

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2009
CPH
obviously you haven't used it yet. i just upgraded and far prefer the upgraded version.

I have used it, and if that's the new UI I'll just keep my 2.8. It's the most bloated unintelligent UI work I have ever seen. :rolleyes:

zdlyons

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
I have used it, and if that's the new UI I'll just keep my 2.8. It's the most bloated unintelligent UI work I have ever seen. :rolleyes:

the thing is, 2.8 doesn't support video conference calls... does it? among other things...

gorjan

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2009
CPH
the thing is, 2.8 doesn't support video conference calls... does it? among other things...

No it doesn't, but that's the only upside compared to 2.8. What are these other things I have missed?

I agree that conference calling is great, and I missed it in 2.8. But the new UI is horrible. A lot of space on the is lost to unnecessary big icons and the chat frame is much bigger than it really needs to be. I want the video to be as big as possible, while also being able to see the chat frame. I lose too much of the video in 5.0b if I do this.

zdlyons

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
No it doesn't, but that's the only upside compared to 2.8. What are these other things I have missed?

I agree that conference calling is great, and I missed it in 2.8. But the new UI is horrible. A lot of space on the is lost to unnecessary big icons and the chat frame is much bigger than it really needs to be. I want the video to be as big as possible, while also being able to see the chat frame. I lose too much of the video in 5.0b if I do this.

Lots of great points, thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.