Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A handful of popular apps have been optimized for the iPhone X over the past few days. We've rounded up some of the notable ones below.

iphone-x-skype-tidal-line-viber-vlc-feedly-800x407.jpg

Each of these apps now support the iPhone X's new screen size, rather than having a letterboxed design with black bars at the top and bottom.
Tidal
Feedly
LINE
Viber
PlayStation Vue
Bank of AmericaIf you have an iPhone X and use any of these apps, check the App Store's Updates tab to ensure you have the latest version installed.

Article Link: Skype, Tidal, VLC, Feedly and Other Apps Optimized for iPhone X

zhang96

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2016
Ottawa
A year later:
App (insert app name), (insert app name), (insert app name), (insert app name) supports iPhone X.

devincentis

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2016
Do some of these take days to roll out or do I need to delete and reinstall? I still don’t see a full screen app for BofA, VLC or Gmail on my iPhone X. But most other apps (eg new NYTimes) have all updated as discussed.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
The most frustrating thing owning the iPhone X has been Apps that the developers have taken this long to update. But having said that, I'm no developer so I don't fully understand the complexities of updating.

KazKam

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2011
Are you serious? I did not know that!

Yes, that's true. CarPlay functionality is currently by Apple invite only.

I really wish they'd open it up because I really want an alternative to AM app for listening to my local library via CarPlay. Like Cesium or one of the other players that works like the Music app used to, before AM.

allenvanhellen

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
LINE still hasn’t updated their Watch app. I can’t even reply to messages if the app is installed; it just fails to load when picking “reply” from a notification. I’ve had to delete the app and just use Apple’s built-in reply feature. Kakao Talk has a great Watch app. Don’t know why LINE has sucked on the Watch for so long.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
LINE still hasn’t updated their Watch app. I can’t even reply to messages if the app is installed; it just fails to load when picking “reply” from a notification. I’ve had to delete the app and just use Apple’s built-in reply feature. Kakao Talk has a great Watch app. Don’t know why LINE has sucked on the Watch for so long.
I think Line has given up on the Watch altogether but forgot to delete the WatchKit 1 code from the main app.

Update: just checked again and the Watch app is already gone from the latest version!

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
The most frustrating thing owning the iPhone X has been Apps that the developers have taken this long to update. But having said that, I'm no developer so I don't fully understand the complexities of updating.

I still have apps that do not even support iPhone 6/6+ screen resolutions, so while I am excited about my iPhone X, I hope I wont have to wait another several years for all the developers to get on board with the X support.
[doublepost=1512823273][/doublepost]I am surprised that Chase is dragging their feet with the update. While we primarily bank with BOA and Discover, we also have a Chase visa card that we use like 3-4 times a year, so while I do not need the Chase app to begin, it would be nice to have the update now.

Skeptical.me

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2017
Australia
Yeah, I don't know why so many developers drag the chain and take so long to catch up with the new model iPhones. You'd think it would be a high priority to satisfy their user base.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.