SL... Have not ran into a single issue... you?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iBunny, Oct 28, 2009.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

So I am reading alot of people complaining about SL and I Clean Installed and Installed the 10.6.1 update right away and have been using this for a week on my Latest Gen MBP 2.8 GHz / 4GB DDR3 / 9600 512MB.

I have not ran into 1 issue at all. Nothing....

I use no 3rd party add-ons or tweaks at all... Just installed skype, parallels 4, vlc, and adobe flash.

No issues at all. You?

2. Ropie macrumors regular

Ropie

I suppose the less you install the fewer problems you are likely to have. For those of us that need to install varied software, then get itchy feet with geektool, etc, the problems will be more forthcoming. As an OS, though, SL has performed flawlessly for me too, with the exception of the odd unexplained programme crash or spinning beach ball. I do enjoy using it a great deal. I even managed to get Parallels 3 going at last (by loading it from the MacOS folder under 'show package contents'.)

3. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

don't see what all the fuss is about. haven't had one issue (except for safari plugins, but that's just trivial).

4. sud macrumors regular

I have been having a few finder errors lately sometimes when I try open it I get the beach ball, restart the finder and -3056 error pops up.... The only way to get finder working after that is restart the computer.:confused:

It only ever happens every few days. In saying that I went the upgrade path was to lazy to do a clean install.

T

5. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

I have had 1 issue with 10.6, and only 1, which for me is pretty good going (I run a huge variety of both old and new software on multiple macs) - the only thing I have a problem with is the common "Oh Fireworks CS4 crashes on Save As" issue - since I dont use it very much, its been a very worthwhile upgrade.

6. Wayne s macrumors regular

I am thinking about getting SL for my mid 2007 20" imac, it's 2 years old now and runs flawlessly on Leopard. Just can't decide if I want to take the risk so it would be good to see people with no issues reply to this thread.

7. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Safari Plugins
    Divx Player

Rest is oki

I hate that the Energy Saver Menu bar is screwed up again.
    I have to open control panel several times a day to adjust settings.
    Why are apple removing the settings from menu bar all the time, and then suddenly put it in again (if Im correct they did it twice in 10.5.x)

8. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Nothing major... Some display bugs mainly. Still I can't wait for the 10.6.2 ! ;)

9. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Very few noticeable issues at all.

I have the Energy Saver menu bar icon problem (displays 2 when a UPS is attached to MBP).

Otherwise, I can't really think of anything, aside from some very minor and infrequent redraw glitches/slowdowns.

Overall, it's been a very clean upgrade - light years ahead of Leopard, 10.5, which might have been among the worst.

10. flapperdink macrumors member

i've had SL installed since the day it came out and have had ZERO issues. it's been rock solid for me. it's very quick to wake up from sleep and picks up just where it left off.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

A minor to moderate problem for me. I got to work around it, but it did stop me in my tracks for a period of time.

My Pixma pro9000 MKII wouldn't work under SL. I figured out the steps, thanks to google. Not install the OSX provided canon drivers, download the latest driver from canon (not sl compatible). Open up the container, remove the version checking file and then install. That seemed to work. Kind of a kludgy fix but it got me going.

I'm hoping that canon updates its drivers soon so it will be fully SL compatible.

12. belvdr macrumors 603

Same here. No issues at all.

13. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

All fine here! Good news/expected results never get attention!

14. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I have a lot of applications installed, and Snow Leopard is ticking like a clock. Works great, and I love it.