Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
SlashDock is a useful "dockling" which provides a pop-up OS X Dock menu with links to the latest news items from your favorite sites.

These sites include a wide range of general Macintosh news sites (MacRumors.com, MacSlash.org, MacNN.com) as well as general sites (USAToday, CNN)

This small application sits in your dock and gives a visual cue when new news items appear, and are simply a click-away. Headlines of individual news items are listed under their respective sites, and clicking on them open the items in your web browser.

SlashDock utilizes the popular RSS xml file format to allow sites to syndicate their content. These files are generated by the individual sites, allowing third-party programs such as SlashDock the ability to promote their headlines.

If the included sites don't interest you, Slashdock allows you to add other sites by simply providing their respective RSS files. A collection of such sites can be found here.

Download

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
So do u have a link? I'd like to test it out. One thing I've grown to love about X is the many ways to make it completely user-friendly & resourceful... ;)

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2002
I live and die by this application, I actually talked with the author first hand and gave him some pointers (I like to credit the keeping of the 'Think nerd' icon as my doing, rather than the 'blinky' one, but then again, that's possibly too much credit...:D ) I ahve added alot of my own sites, such as slackersguild.com, and others. Anyhow, i highly suggest everyone d/l it

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
arn, just wanted to say that I like the new site. I've been using SlashDock for a while and fid it pretty useful.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by King Cobra
Hey eye...glad to see you and winky are back in full force! :cool:

Here is the webpage.

he he he....thanks man...sorry it's taken me about a week to see your reply though...I've been hella busy...but keeping at it as much as I can... ;)

as for Winky...he he...we've got some plans for him... :D

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
man the app icons is a bit hurtfull
I'm a border line nerd thing type person, maybe not maybe I don't know
ah bye

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.