Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Novius89

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2020
How have you set up Autosleep to do that.
Should point out I haven’t yet updated my AW7 to OS9 yet.

Can I also ask…
Although you probably know you slept between 00:15 and 05:15 ….
How do you know which of the clock faces is correct in terms of ‘disturbances’ ?
Uuhm I remember now that AutoSleep shares the data with the Apple health app, so my assumption that Apple tracked it automatically is probably false.

Auto sleep does that from the start.

Most of the time I sleep in 5 minutes when I go to bed. And when I work day shift I wake up 5 o’clock so I choose the watch face that is the most accurate with that.

I am a deep sleeper and I don’t wake up : downstairs neighbors had a really big fight one time in the night, they smashed everything and were fighting, shouting and stabbing each other. Team of police broke their door down and it was a big happening in the central hallway….. everybody woke up in the building, I had no idea.

The other night my Volkswagen Lego bus drove down from the shelve above my head, fell apart on top of my head, my girlfriend woke me up, again I had no idea.

I wake up when I need to pee in the night, but I never check the time when I walk to the toilet.

Long story short, for the disturbances I am trusting on the apps without my input because “I have no idea”

😂

0D2EFAA4-E66E-451F-8BA7-12A32C938D28.png

wagmi

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
Hi, partly related question on sleep tracking.

Bought the S8 one week ago and all sleep tracking has worked perfectly fine via the native Sleep app and I’ve been using a sleep schedule.

I also purchased an Ultra, and last night slept with that watch one for the first time. It’s synced to the same phone and I used the same sleep schedule via watch. But, my sleep has not tracked any data from last night?
:(

The watch is syncing all other health data, and activity rings + overnight blood oxygen are showing up in health app.

Any advice on how I can try to force a refresh of sleep data? Or on how I can fix this going forward?

Reactions: ocdeal

ocdeal

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009
Hi, partly related question on sleep tracking.

Bought the S8 one week ago and all sleep tracking has worked perfectly fine via the native Sleep app and I’ve been using a sleep schedule.

I also purchased an Ultra, and last night slept with that watch one for the first time. It’s synced to the same phone and I used the same sleep schedule via watch. But, my sleep has not tracked any data from last night?
:(

The watch is syncing all other health data, and activity rings + overnight blood oxygen are showing up in health app.

Any advice on how I can try to force a refresh of sleep data? Or on how I can fix this going forward?
This happened to me too. Couldn’t find anything online about it yet. I checked and all settings were correct, and yet my AWU isn’t showing in “Data Sources and Access” for some reason.

I turned off “Track sleep”, rebooted both iPhone and watch, and hoping that I’ll start seeing the sleep data this morning! 🤞

wagmi

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
This happened to me too. Couldn’t find anything online about it yet. I checked and all settings were correct, and yet my AWU isn’t showing in “Data Sources and Access” for some reason.

I turned off “Track sleep”, rebooted both iPhone and watch, and hoping that I’ll start seeing the sleep data this morning! 🤞
My missing data from last night finally reappeared just now - turns out I’d turned off sleep mode manually on the watch directly (swiping up), but for the next few hours I was still within the sleep schedule allocated time.

A few hours later the watch prompted me to turn off my schedule alarm despite the fact I’d already been using the watch out of sleep mode, this has now fixed the issue for the missing overnight data

Reactions: ocdeal

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I did find that, on my series 5, I had to set a schedule or it does not record any data. But I noticed that it will automatically adjust the schedule if it detects you’ve not kept to it. Initially I had a 10:15pm sleep time time set but I wasn‘t actually in bed at that time and it changed that to 10:30 for the next night. I have engaged Sleep on the watch when getting into bed, I don’t know if that’s necessary but it has been working.

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022
I have engaged Sleep on the watch when getting into bed, I don’t know if that’s necessary but it has been working.

Yea, I think you need to engage sleep otherwise it wont know when your sleep will start (if you don't have a shcedule).

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Yea, I think you need to engage sleep otherwise it wont know when your sleep will start (if you don't have a shcedule).
I do have a schedule otherwise it doesn’t record any data even if I have engaged the Sleep app. But I haven’t yet tried it without also engaging Sleep at the time I get into bed.

Reactions: AppleFanToo

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
So stupid you have to go into a focus. What if I’m laying on couch and fall asleep…nothing! My Samsung watch would track anytime I fell asleep based off my breathing I guess.
I suppose just have the sleep focus come on automatically

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
My sleep schedule is all over the place so I don’t use one. But switching the focus mode to sleep manually works fine and records everything.

To make it easier and so I don’t forget I made shortcut so that if I press the shortcut button on the ultra watch it turns off my bedroom hue lights and switches the focus mode to sleep automatically. Or I just say hey siri go to sleep or hey siri wake up to turn my lights back on and change focus modes again. Works great.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I just started trying to track my sleep. I know I don't get enough but I figured it's time to put a number on it. I work a swing shift (days, afternoons, midnights) every week so my sleep pattern is pretty random. I'm having some trouble getting the days scheduled properly. Friday night go to bed at 11:00 PM is easy and that sleep tracks properly. But what about Tuesday night when I go to bed at 2:00 AM? Do I set that as Tuesday bedtime at 2:00 AM, or Wednesday as 2:00 AM? Also, is there an option I'm missing in the Sleep part of the Health app to manually say "I'm going to bed" without it being part of a schedule? So far I'm finding the process to be a little clunky and not very "Apple".

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022
I just started trying to track my sleep. I know I don't get enough but I figured it's time to put a number on it. I work a swing shift (days, afternoons, midnights) every week so my sleep pattern is pretty random. I'm having some trouble getting the days scheduled properly. Friday night go to bed at 11:00 PM is easy and that sleep tracks properly. But what about Tuesday night when I go to bed at 2:00 AM? Do I set that as Tuesday bedtime at 2:00 AM, or Wednesday as 2:00 AM? Also, is there an option I'm missing in the Sleep part of the Health app to manually say "I'm going to bed" without it being part of a schedule? So far I'm finding the process to be a little clunky and not very "Apple".

On the watch, it starts tracking from the moment you tap on the Sleep icon (the bed icon). My sleep schedule is from 11:30pm but I often go to bed earlier (say, at 11:15pm) so I just hit the sleep icon and it starts tracking from that point onwards.

I also think you DO have to set it as Tuesday bedtime at 2:00 AM.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I have never set a sleep schedule or turned on sleep focus and my S7 and AWU track sleep data every night (as long as the watch is unlocked!). I have AutoSleep installed so it's possible that AutoSleep is kicking the native sleep tracking on each night, but they are each tracking sleep independently.

I am going to try getting temperature tracking turned on. It's my understanding that this only works with sleep focus turned on. I don't use the focus function and I'm sure I won't remember to turn it on or off so I'll either set a schedule for sleep focus or possibly leave sleep focus on permanently and change the sleep focus settings so all the usual things come through.

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
On the watch, it starts tracking from the moment you tap on the Sleep icon (the bed icon). My sleep schedule is from 11:30pm but I often go to bed earlier (say, at 11:15pm) so I just hit the sleep icon and it starts tracking from that point onwards.

I also think you DO have to set it as Tuesday bedtime at 2:00 AM.
I feel dumb asking this, but where is this sleep icon?

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022
I feel dumb asking this, but where is this sleep icon?

On my watch, if I swipe up on Notification centre, I see the 'Moon' icon (Do Not Disturb). If I then long press this, it gives me options of turning on one of my Focuses I have set up, one of which is Sleep.

Apologies, its not actually a bed icon - you're looking for the moon icon.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2018
Uuhm I remember now that AutoSleep shares the data with the Apple health app, so my assumption that Apple tracked it automatically is probably false.

Auto sleep does that from the start.

Most of the time I sleep in 5 minutes when I go to bed. And when I work day shift I wake up 5 o’clock so I choose the watch face that is the most accurate with that.

I am a deep sleeper and I don’t wake up : downstairs neighbors had a really big fight one time in the night, they smashed everything and were fighting, shouting and stabbing each other. Team of police broke their door down and it was a big happening in the central hallway….. everybody woke up in the building, I had no idea.

The other night my Volkswagen Lego bus drove down from the shelve above my head, fell apart on top of my head, my girlfriend woke me up, again I had no idea.

I wake up when I need to pee in the night, but I never check the time when I walk to the toilet.

Long story short, for the disturbances I am trusting on the apps without my input because “I have no idea”

😂

View attachment 2079415
As someone who has insomnia, I envy you :D.

Reactions: GrandeLatte

Fthree

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2014
ok question... coming from a garmin that I do not have to enter anything and that automatically detects when im sleeping.. does the apple watch not automatically record when I am sleeping also?

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022
ok question... coming from a garmin that I do not have to enter anything and that automatically detects when im sleeping.. does the apple watch not automatically record when I am sleeping also?

I don't think the native sleep function can do this but there may be third party sleep apps which can.

Reactions: Fthree

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
AutoSleep definitely (as the name suggests) automatically detects sleep and seems to do so pretty well, based on years of experience. Other third party apps probably do the same.

I don't know whether the native sleep function, which tested really well in terms of accuracy, detects sleep automatically. I do know that I wasn't running either a sleep schedule or a sleep Focus setting and the native sleep function was starting and ending automatically, but it's possible that it was being triggered by AutoSleep.

Reactions: Fthree
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.