Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Looks great!

I’ve been thinking about purchasing this Merino Wool magnetic case that converts into a desk pad... a little pricey for my budget, but maybe for my birthday. I saw it on YouTube, and that video review is embedded in the page if any of you are interested.

Woah! That sleeve is pure awesomeness! Gonna order two, one for me and one for the girlfriend. Nice find!

ciala

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2020
I actually bought something from this seller too! I was def interested in the magic sleeve, but I’m too impatient for that at least 8-week wait period, so I opted for the sleeve system instead. Reached out to the seller and was told that delivery time should be closer to 4 weeks, but I’m still waiting on it now (ordered on 9/4). I’ll let y’all know (and send pics) when it does finally gets to me.

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
This monday it will be 7 weeks since I ordered two magic sleeves. "patience is a virtue".

8 weeks sure a long time to wait.
I hope someone back them up with lots of capital so that they can mass produce the product faster and cheaper.

ciala

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2020
Did youR magic sleeve ever arrive?

hi!

i know the question wasn’t directed at me, but i followed up w/ the seller on my order for the sleeve system and he said that those kinds of orders are very behind (probs bc of the high demand for the magic sleeves) but they’re able to expand production for the magic sleeve and so i was offered the option to switch to that, and so i did.

there may be a chance that i’ll get my order sometime late next week, so i’ll try to update then :)

Reactions: ppeinado

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Did youR magic sleeve ever arrive?

The status got changed to “being prepared for shipment” last week. E-mailed the guy running the webshop and he made sure it’s on its way. Must say the owner is really friendly and quick to reply. While the wait is long, my current customer satisfaction is high. Now I’ll just have to wait for the product to arrive. I’ll make sure to share some pictures if you want.

ppeinado

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2012
Damn! I was impatient so I ordered a Woolie sleeve (the copycat)

should also be here within the week, hopefully

I only payed $56/shipped but I kinda wish I’d waited.

Glad to hear you two are getting your sleeves soon. And yes please post pics when it arrives!

Reactions: ciala

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Wow, saw it watched the video ordered it (magic sleeve) and just to keep it company a sleeve for my AirPod Pro’s

Reactions: 911jason

ppeinado

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2012
Got my woolie in today’s mail. I’m going to post a full review with pics after I use it for a week, but I’m really liking it.

same concept as the magic sleeve, but it uses synthetic (recycled I think) fibers and they do not have a break-in shedding period like the magic sleeve does.

Took about 12 days from
Order to delivery shipping from Malaysia to California.

can fit my iPad, magic keyboard, 15,000mah ravpower battery and iPod pros nice and snuggly

only downside so far is my cat thinks it’s his new travel bed

Attachments

• E75B8793-6EAF-4F83-828D-8F5D67B74C11.jpeg
    E75B8793-6EAF-4F83-828D-8F5D67B74C11.jpeg
    635.5 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: ciala

ciala

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2020
Got my woolie in today’s mail. I’m going to post a full review with pics after I use it for a week, but I’m really liking it.

same concept as the magic sleeve, but it uses synthetic (recycled I think) fibers and they do not have a break-in shedding period like the magic sleeve does.

Took about 12 days from
Order to delivery shipping from Malaysia to California.

can fit my iPad, magic keyboard, 15,000mah ravpower battery and iPod pros nice and snuggly

only downside so far is my cat thinks it’s his new travel bed
Oooh very nice! I checked out the website and the product looks a lot more rigid compared to nedrelow’s magic sleeve, which I kind of like more tbh; the magic sleeve seems a little floppy in comparison. Mine is getting ready to get shipped out this week. Will try to post pics and initial impressions once it arrives. Very curious about the unboxing experience, especially for a product that’s a bit on the pricier side (at least more for me).

Looking forward to hear your thoughts on your sleeve. Hope you’re happy with it thus far! Also, wow your feline housemate has got a lot of nerve claiming ownership, being that it doesn’t even help pay rent haha jk

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Still stuck at customs. Since the 21st now. Gotta love government services, always so fast...

*edit*
Just got a letter in the old school mail asking for more information on the origin, price and content of my package. Filled in the paperwork, emailed it to them and received an email they will process my request within 10 working days.

"patience is a virtue", I'm holding on to that saying for the moment to remain calm :-D

Last edited:

ciala

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2020
Still stuck at customs. Since the 21st now. Gotta love government services, always so fast...

*edit*
Just got a letter in the old school mail asking for more information on the origin, price and content of my package. Filled in the paperwork, emailed it to them and received an email they will process my request within 10 working days.

"patience is a virtue", I'm holding on to that saying for the moment to remain calm :-D
Ugh, what a hassle to deal with. That sucks. Man, you really need to hold onto that mantra. Hang in there, bud!

My package is coming in the mail today btw! Will try to send follow up pics and initial impressions when I get the chance.

ciala

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2020
It’s finally here! As for initial impressions, here’s what I got.

I love the simple and seamless structure. The magnetic closure is so satisfying, as it lines up perfectly every time when closing. The shedding isn’t so bad, but particles definitely slough off a bit. The dimensions are actually larger than I expected at 10.25’’x12.75’’ when closed, and is about 20.5’’ laid flat. Probably the only thing that I would dock points off is that it doesn’t completely close on the bended side. It’s not that big of a deal though, as the opening isn’t big enough for anything to fall out. Oh and don’t expect any sort of unboxing experience. It is just straight up the sleeve (with a cable keeper, a small picture card, and a piece of paper on the history and care of wool felt, and some bubble wrap) inside of a white poly bubble mailer. Keeping consistent with the minimalist aesthetic, I suppose. All good though, as it’s the product that’s most important anyway.

I will try to write an update after 1 month of usage, or whenever it’s been through significant usage. Might take longer since there really isn’t anywhere to go to take it with me, as it is still very much so covid times here on my side of California. As for now, it’ll stay spick-and-span at home.

Attachments

• 898A63EE-A97E-4C2C-907B-B7EDAB0806F1.jpeg
    898A63EE-A97E-4C2C-907B-B7EDAB0806F1.jpeg
    440.9 KB · Views: 290
  • 8BA1F471-AF6A-4F48-AE57-C567704866A2.jpeg
    8BA1F471-AF6A-4F48-AE57-C567704866A2.jpeg
    427.2 KB · Views: 276
  • E6E2328E-BF9B-49B7-9CCB-72E6040F1B9F.jpeg
    E6E2328E-BF9B-49B7-9CCB-72E6040F1B9F.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 53CE5793-564F-4A15-A6E6-2DFEC008FF3F.jpeg
    53CE5793-564F-4A15-A6E6-2DFEC008FF3F.jpeg
    827.1 KB · Views: 330
  • BE826EF3-B9C2-46B0-A122-94AC07FE9A00.jpeg
    BE826EF3-B9C2-46B0-A122-94AC07FE9A00.jpeg
    537.4 KB · Views: 292

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Thanks for the pics @ciala, can't wait for mine to arrive! How does that cable keeper work? I've gotten a mail a couple of weeks back saying I'd get one of those.

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
It’s finally here! As for initial impressions, here’s what I got.

I love the simple and seamless structure. The magnetic closure is so satisfying, as it lines up perfectly every time when closing. The shedding isn’t so bad, but particles definitely slough off a bit. The dimensions are actually larger than I expected at 10.25’’x12.75’’ when closed, and is about 20.5’’ laid flat. Probably the only thing that I would dock points off is that it doesn’t completely close on the bended side. It’s not that big of a deal though, as the opening isn’t big enough for anything to fall out. Oh and don’t expect any sort of unboxing experience. It is just straight up the sleeve (with a cable keeper, a small picture card, and a piece of paper on the history and care of wool felt, and some bubble wrap) inside of a white poly bubble mailer. Keeping consistent with the minimalist aesthetic, I suppose. All good though, as it’s the product that’s most important anyway.

I will try to write an update after 1 month of usage, or whenever it’s been through significant usage. Might take longer since there really isn’t anywhere to go to take it with me, as it is still very much so covid times here on my side of California. As for now, it’ll stay spick-and-span at home.

Thanks for the initial review and pics!
Looks thougher and thicker than I thought. That’s a 11 inch iPad Pro right?
It is looks a bit too big for just the iPad, is it moving much inside the sleeve?

ciala

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for the pics @ciala, can't wait for mine to arrive! How does that cable keeper work? I've gotten a mail a couple of weeks back saying I'd get one of those.
No probs! You know what, I am actually not quite too sure. Neither do I care all too much since I don’t really see myself utilizing it very often. I have been trying to play around with it to figure out how it works, and these two options are the best I could come up with.

It took a bit of breaking into to fit the entire cable into the cable sleeve. I think the second way makes more sense? Perhaps if you put a power bank inside of the magic sleeve, you can have the cable pass through the cable sleeve on the side. Alternatively, you can also probably have the power bank outside, position the cable sleeve at the bottom, and charge the iPad Pro (or whatever device you have that’ll fit) inside of the magic sleeve. The cable sleeve itself has magnets too, so it closes up nicely with the magic sleeve. Those are my best guesses. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• 0FD95FE7-4D07-441D-8BB3-7E45786DA5B0.jpeg
    0FD95FE7-4D07-441D-8BB3-7E45786DA5B0.jpeg
    553 KB · Views: 166
  • 390FCBCE-B2C2-4D15-9106-CE05EF7E4B10.jpeg
    390FCBCE-B2C2-4D15-9106-CE05EF7E4B10.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 198
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.