Sleeve for MacBook Pro 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BenXiaoHai, May 14, 2010.

1. BenXiaoHai macrumors member

Hey guys, I was just wondering what sleeve/case (if any) you use to carry your MBP around? I was looking at the neoprene cases available on the apple website, but from the comments, it seems that the discolouring seemed to be pretty common for these cases.

Any recommendations?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
    [​IMG]

3. Rogue. macrumors regular

Incase+ with a messenger bag here.

The zipper is not an issue on the Incase+ range, the tongue inside the zipper works perfectly.

4. MicDK macrumors member

I, too, use an Incase Neoprene Plus sleeve in a messenger bag. Works wonders!

5. Esoin macrumors member

Sfbags suede sleeve jacket + incase compact backpack

sfbags suede material is very nice. Classy minimalist design. Also adds almost zero bulk.

Incase backpack is well padded and looks great. Nice material as well.

The customer service at sfbags is top notch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. vacuumtube macrumors newbie

7. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Corduroy CushCash sleeve like this one.

I keep my laptop on my desk or in the padded section of my Eastpak Provider backpack, so it's just a final bit of protection. I didn't fancy a zipped one in case the zip scratches the sides.

8. Sequin macrumors regular

9. crobar2k macrumors member

I also have the booq vyper, I recommend it for anybody and everybody. By far the best protection out there IMO

10. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

Incase Nylon Sleeve. I went to the apple store the other day to buy one ($65.00 including tax). Probably the best bang for your buck IMO. Big pouches for mouses/usb's/cell phone/cords/battery block/etc. The back has a big pouch to fit folders, papers, small notebooks, etc. Has handles to carry it, or you can hide them by pushing them into the pouches they made for the handles so you can't see them. Plus it comes with a cushioned shoulder strap that you can attach to the bag and use it as a shoulder bag. I read tons of reviews on it, and it got 5 stars everywhere I looked.

On another note, when I went to the apple store to buy one, I wanted the black one, and as i looked up at the section of Incase Nylon cases, there were like 11 gray colored ones, and 1 last black one sitting in the middle of all of them. I looked at every inch of it to make sure it was perfect, and It was the one for the 15" mbp I have. I pretty much thought of that moment as "it was meant to be mine" kinda situation :D.

Anyways, hope that helped, it's an amazing case, holds my mbp nice and tight, has cushions behind the zipper so you wont scratch your mbp when you close it. Looks nice, sleek, durable, weather resistant. GOOD BUY :apple:

11. questionmarc macrumors newbie

I use a be.ez LA robe sleeve. The Low Resilience material absorbs shocks. The thick lips goes all around and gives additional protection to the edges. It also prevents the the zipper from scratching the Mac. The protection is much better compared to a neoprene sleeve. Its kind of a hybrid between soft neoprene and hard case. I have nothing to complain.
    [​IMG]

12. Betelgeuse macrumors member

I have the Incase sleeve, which I like quite a lot and does the job. However, I sort of wish I had this:

[​IMG]

13. BenXiaoHai thread starter macrumors member

cool. thanks to all who replied! the be.ez case does look quite good, but it is only for 13" macbooks! They don't happen to do 15" macbook pro sleeves, do they?

14. iPunk macrumors member

15. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Does anyone know if they sell the InCase compact backpack at an Apple store or Best Buy? Wanted to go see/touch/feel one in person before I order, or just buy it there on the spot.

16. torpy macrumors regular

I use an Incase Neoprene sleeve plus. It's a lot like the original neoprene but has a better seam and has a double lip like the be-ez, got it for ~AU$54 off the apple store and it's perfect. It's got a serious amount of padding and faux-fur interior is really nice (plus it fits the 15" like a glove ;) ).

17. Esoin macrumors member

yes, I bought mine in a northern cali apple store. They only carried black at the time. When more colors become available, you can check them out and order them here: http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/compact-backpack-cl55250

or maybe you'll have better luck ordering various colors here: http://www.google.com/products?q=incase+compact+backpack&aq=f

18. matttung macrumors member

19. ano0oj macrumors 6502

20. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

imo The Incase feels cheap and is over priced ($40). After my research, I bought a Tucano Second Skin Elements case ($26.99). It feels really nice and has a protectant flap so that the zipper won't scratch the gear. There is also a cable pouch ($12). Both cost less than the Incase sleeve. I was in the Apple store with my Tucano sleeve and several customers saw it and instead of getting the Incase, ordered the Tucano Second Skin.

[​IMG]

http://www.tucanousa.com/default.asp
    purchase here
    http://www.adorama.com/TUMSSE15BK.html
    http://www.adorama.com/TUMCPRD.html

There is a microfiber Tucano Skin Sleeve that feels like swede. Apple sells them in the online store. But you can get it cheaper here.

http://www.adorama.com/TUMSSS15GY.html

21. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

+1 on the Tucano slip cases. They fit flawlessly, and the inner flap which covers the MBP and protects it from zipper rash is an essential component of any zippered sleeve. In my experience, the zipper sleeves with the puffy rolled edges just don't provide enough protection from zippers scratching the unibody. And the microsuede finish is another plus along with excellent, 2-way zippers.

Fry's has a killer deal on the Tucano slip cases, was closing this one for the 15" at $9.99. This color actually looks great in person, my everyday sleeve.

http://www.frys.com/product/5685891

22. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

I use a case logic no zipper reversible neoprene sleve, great stuff...

Attached Files:

23. justn macrumors member

justn

I couldn't find anything I liked, so I just sewed one together real quick.

Attached Files:

24. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

In reality, I don't see any need to cover my Mac notebooks. The aluminum is durable and doesn't scratch up. I just toss mine in a messenger bag and turn the top towards any folders or magazines to avoid scratching via a zipper.

Some of those sleeves are so big and ugly and I like showing off that I actually have a Mac.