Slow Sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by coastertux, Jun 20, 2007.

1. coastertux macrumors regular

From the time you close the lid on your MBP to when the light starts pulsing, how long does it take? It seems like mine takes a while....I was just wondering if this is normal.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It's writing a snapshot of RAM to your harddrive (Safe-Sleep). If you have a complete power failure, you can wake from sleep and continue where you left of, as usual. You'll see how this works next time you swap batteries during sleep. Instead of instant wake, you will see it perform the recovery from HD.

3. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

thats a very nice article /\. ive been thinking of trying to disable that RAM sleep for a while now.

just a quick question, i have a widget that puts the computer in to deep sleep, writing RAM and then shutting down. if i were to turn off the RAM save state thingo as described in the article, would my widget still function properly or change??>

5. coastertux thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome, thanks Crzy!

6. coastertux thread starter macrumors regular

I made the change and make sure it saved...it still takes a bit for my MacBook Pro to go to sleep! Any ideas?

7. coastertux thread starter macrumors regular

8. milk242 macrumors 6502a

just a heads up after I did this to my SR 2.2 MBP it would go to sleep a lot quicker but it would wake up later on so I changed it back to normal