Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chespi911

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2018
Good enough for me! I don't want to get a wirelss charging pad for my iPhone 8 (which should be comign very soon) because it's another accessory I have to deal with. I do have a 12 W iPad charger, so that should allow me to charge both the phone and the battery case together.

When using iPhone 8 inside a Smart Battery Case for iPhone 7, can you still do Fast Charging with an Apple 29W charger? Or do you think it would damage the Smart Battery Case?

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
When using iPhone 8 inside a Smart Battery Case for iPhone 7, can you still do Fast Charging with an Apple 29W charger? Or do you think it would damage the Smart Battery Case?
In short, no. Even if the Qi did reach, the phone essentially cannot charge the case, only a power source can.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
it blocks the wireless charging coil and also, they say the A11 Bionic draws too much power, but I don't think thats true.

This is my first battery case but one thing I noticed is that my battery doesn’t drain first, the case drains first and then the phone battery drains 2nd. Also my phone always displays then charging symbol even when it’s at a full 100% which I’m not sure is right. So it appears to work just not the way it was designed to.

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
This is my first battery case but one thing I noticed is that my battery doesn’t drain first, the case drains first and then the phone battery drains 2nd. Also my phone always displays then charging symbol even when it’s at a full 100% which I’m not sure is right. So it appears to work just not the way it was designed to.

It was designed in this way.

callea

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2011
Italy
I discovered that iPhone 8 integrated battery is 3.82v while iPhone 7 is 3.80v.
iPhone 7 smart battery case is 3.79v.
May this be a problem for high load tasks?

olezh777

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2020
Hi there!

I have an IPhone 8 and it doesn't work with IPhone 7 Smart Battery Case in iOS 13. I need help!
[automerge]1583588185[/automerge]
Yep. Using it right now. Works great as always.
Do you still using it right now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.