Smart Cover photos here

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by rawdawg, Mar 15, 2011.

1. rawdawg macrumors 6502

Maybe it's the photographer in me, but the photos on the web of the smart covers look like cartoons too me. They are overly processed they look fake to me. I was considering the cream leather cover but would like to see "actual" photos and opinions.

Please post your photos here.

2. h00ligan macrumors 68030

It's not a work of art.. it was an exercise in frustration actually.. anyway, here's a quick snapshot run through the ringer of the ipad.. and ultimately I had to use a macbook pro to get it up here, lol.

[​IMG]

3. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I got my smart cover today and tried it out. The clanking when taking it on/off the iPad is too much for me. I'm scared it will eventually, one time or the next, put a mark on the iPad. Indeed, I noticed a mark, but it rubbed off.

4. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

The smart cover is dumb. Nothing more than an overpriced, well, cover.

It's not a case. It's a waste of money.

If only apple would produce a case as wonderful as the iPad 1 case.

My dumb cover is going back in the morning. What a scam apple has here. Cash cow for investors.

5. kokesh macrumors regular

you mean the cover itself, or your uploading a picture of the cover?

6. Jesse3121 macrumors newbie

Are the Polyurethane covers the same material as the iPad 1's case? Hated that one because it got so dirty quickly, but if the Polyurethane are different I may return my leather one and save a few bucks.

7. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

Not speaking for the poster but I will say using this fancy magnetic case is frustrating at best. I hate it. Folding, hoping it doesn't detach. Worrying about the back aluminum of the iPad getting scratched etc.

It sucks trust me. You've been warned.

8. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Great pic h00ligan, I have the red one as well. Love it! :)

9. iRabbit macrumors 6502

10. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

That last photo is a no no! It's not meant to hold the iPad like that.

11. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

It is much better than the iPad 1 case as far as cleanliness goes.

12. h00ligan macrumors 68030

The shot to upload. I tried to do it all ipad.. that didn't work out, mostly because I couldn't figure out how to get a direct url for the photo via flickr.. hmm..

Flickr still doesn't play nicely with the ipad, even uploading using the iphone client.

13. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

i stopped using flickr, and went back to photo bucket. far better for using with the ipad. The pohotobucket app is pretty good, plus, you can upload from ipad, get the links you need, etc.

14. nvcplus macrumors regular

Yep, its a cover. It doesn't say anywhere that it is a case.

Wait, you bought it knowing exactly what it does? How is it a scam? I personally only need something to protect the screen. I don't care about the back. I also wanted something I can take on and off for various reasons (ever try taking the original iPad out of it Apple case? It is a pain). This does exactly that. But, no, it is a SCAM! :rolleyes:

15. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

I think it's amazing people buy it without a. a plan for protecting the back, or b. caring about the back at all.

it's a smart COVER people should know this from day one. People who are returning it because it doesn't protect the back don't make sense to me. You could see it when you bought it, why buy it then?!

In my opinion apple should have called it the smart STAND since thats the reason to get it. It's a lightweight, easy to remove stand that happens to double as a cover when not in use.

16. mcarthon macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yeah I mean it's name is smart COVER. not smart case. What did u expect? Some people are jus clueless.

17. icepick1985 macrumors member

Does the smart cover also snaps on to the ipad when flipped backwards?

So in other words: You open it up, and flap the cover on to the back (just like a magazine). Does it hang down or does it snap on to the back?

thanks!

18. Krandor macrumors 6502

It hangs, but you can fold it in half so it doesn't take up much room.

19. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

How is it dumb? It's perfect! It covers the screen for those of us that dont want a full body cover. I leave mine off most of the time at home and i put it on when I leave, I put it on when it's in my laptop bag. It's perfect for what it is.

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I can't how this cover can really protect the iPad2. Plus to be honest, its probably one of the less visually pleasing products that have come out of cupertino.

I've read posts how it flops backwards when folding over to the back when trying use it.

21. King Luis macrumors 6502

can someone post pictures of the smart cover fully open and wrapped around the back of the ipad?

22. Edmund0Dantes macrumors member

I really like the look of the pink one, but i think thats going to have to be an amazon purchase. :)

23. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I also noticed that if you fold it up like its the stand it makes holding the iPad a lot easier.

24. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I will later if no one else does.