Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Well this, looks like this is going to beat my Apple order. Unless Best Buy is fibbing. I ordered from Best Buy too. I'll cancel the Apple order once I pick up th BB order or return the Apple if shipped.

Thanks to the OP!

How can BB have this before my previous Apple order. Sheesh:confused:

Last edited:

henrykkim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Portland, OR
Well this,looks like this is going to beat my Apple order. Unless Best Buy is fibbing. I ordered for Best Buy too.

Thanks to the OP!

Best Buy is much more reliable than Staples. I already picked up the Pencil order last week and two more will arrive tomorrow.

henrykkim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Portland, OR
Just ordered one myself! Thanks for the tip. Arrives the 30th!!! Not a bad wait time for a rare item

I wouldn't put much faith on Staples order. I did it quite some time ago and orders got delayed. It would be wise to watch Best Buy stock while keeping the Staples order just in case.

Reactions: Xprmntr

Themoth

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2015
IL
I wouldn't put much faith on Staples order. I did it quite some time ago and orders got delayed. It would be wise to watch Best Buy stock while keeping the Staples order just in case.
Thanks and I agree. We bought 6 Ipad pros. Still need 3 cases, watching Best Buy and will update if I see it. Not sure I need the keyboard tho

Themoth

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2015
IL
Just confirmed with Staples online and they will be cutting off pre orders once they have sold their inventory off then it will more to 3-4 weeks ship time. Order now

Reactions: Xprmntr

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Just confirmed with Staples online and they will be cutting off pre orders once they have sold their inventory off then it will more to 3-4 weeks ship time. Order now

I ordered one of these for in-store pickup. It says 'released' the 25th, but i'm not sure what that means exactly- not very clear... of course.

Any ideas?

hagalah

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Just got mine from UPS. If you have placed order on BB, then BB should make their promise on the expected delivery date. My Ipad pro 128gb LTE, Apple pencil, Smart Keyboard all get them from BB on the same day pickup or next day delivery EVEN Apple store were still "out of stock".

:D

henrykkim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2015
Portland, OR
Just got mine from UPS. If you have placed order on BB, then BB should make their promise on the expected delivery date. My Ipad pro 128gb LTE, Apple pencil, Smart Keyboard all get them from BB on the same day pickup or next day delivery EVEN Apple store were still "out of stock".

:D

Never thought I would appreciate Best Buy this much. Apple and Apple Store has failed its customers miserably.

Reactions: Ghost31

unknown23

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
San Gabriel Valley
Been checking my local best buys every day in search of a keyboard, but I have missed the few times it came back in stock online, and no luck finding it locally.

Also I know apple is having trouble getting just one color of the smart keyboard out, but what happened to the other colors that they had during the event they had a few months ago? Are more colors supposed to be released?

jorsuss

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2007
Looks like it is available again at Best Buy. Free shipping for 11/30, expedited for 11/27 or store pickup on 12/2. I wonder how long it will last. Same thing for pencils.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.