Smoothies

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
I did a search and couldn't find a related thread. I've recently become a smoothie addict. I just made one using strawberries, a mango, and pomegranate juice. Anyone else make their own smoothies?

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
OnceUGoMac said:
I did a search and couldn't find a related thread. I've recently become a smoothie addict. I just made one using strawberries, a mango, and pomegranate juice. Anyone else make their own smoothies?
I'll be over in 15 minutes with more strawberries and some bananas. :p

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Yep. But I go greener.

Apple juice, bananas, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, avocados and wheatgrass.

AaronHeth

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2005
Savannah, Georgia
I saw this thread and without even thinking immediately went to it. I thought I was the only one, but I also love smoothies. It isn't too fun since I live in a small little town (and use to live in the suburbs). I really miss all those special smoothie-only places. Now I'm stuck with Dunkin' Donuts smoothie-esque things.

I'm all for strawberries and bananas, and pomegranate juice is so delicious!

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I make mine with mango, banana, guava and ice.

mmm I think I'll go make one right now.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Mortar and pestle.

Nah, I just go and buy mine. My favourite is the "breakfast" one on offer. It's usually banana, muesli cereal (that's the key ingredient!), honey, frozen yoghurt, and milk/soy milk.

I buy them quite often. Nothing is better than a Brekkie-a-gogo at Boost, or the "Fast Break" at Nectar, located at my Uni. They also buy "Fair Trade" coffee beans and such.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
dubbz said:
Thanks. Sounds tasty. :) Might have to try it out one day.
Don't get the wrong idea, though. It's not just fruit juice. You add ice cream/yoghurt, ice, and milk to it as well. And it's also not a milkshake, as Smoothies aren't as thick or milky. It's somewhere in between a milkshake and a fruit juice, and it tastes better than both!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I got very addicted to smoothies in my first year of uni. They're just such good meals for someone in a hurry. It didn't help that we had a Boost Juice bar just outside the main uni gates. :(

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Do you all use blenders or does anyone have a smoothie maker?
Lacero said:

I use my fists.

Well no, actually I use a regular blender.
OK, maybe it's the pain meds i'm on but i think that might have been one of the funniest replies i've read in a long time.
[claps]

___

i adore smoothies, and i am in the mood for one like you wouldn't believe now. lacero, you wanna fist fight a strawberry concoction for me? :D
that's one thing i miss about CA, the smoothie places on every corner ;) mmmmmmmmm!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
mad jew said:
I got very addicted to smoothies in my first year of uni. They're just such good meals for someone in a hurry. It didn't help that we had a Boost Juice bar just outside the main uni gates. :(
Where did you go?

Again, we have a place called Nectar that's quite good on (UoW) campus, but there are actually 3 different places that sell smoothies. It's pretty amazing.

Boost is a bit expensive, and you need to buy 10 to get 1 free, while at Nectar, you only need to buy 9, and the 10th smoothie is free. And yes, I'm an addict.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Abstract said:
Where did you go?

Adelaide Uni. :eek:

Abstract said:
Boost is a bit expensive, and you need to buy 10 to get 1 free, while at Nectar, you only need to buy 9, and the 10th smoothie is free. And yes, I'm an addict.

Not if you're a VIB (Very Important Boostie). Yes, they actually gave me a card because I'd buy so many (three a day at the least) and I'd get a discount, albeit only about 5-10%. I haven't tried Nectar, I've never even seen one. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Boost is every where and at school about 5 mates work at boost. They can get me a huge discount and if they are working i could probally get one for free, it not store policy but i think you get the idea of what they do ;)

Saying that i haven't taken them on that offer, i just don't want to get addicted to them because there so expensive. Its an addiction i tell you, we have 4 boosts at the queen street mall and 1/20 people from school go there in the morning to get there daily dosage. Next thing they are going to do is drink it it in the toilets during lunch :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.