Snakes in A Theatre

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
I Thought this was amusing. Somone released live snakes in a theatre during Snakes on a Plane.

Enjoy

Linky

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
Ahahahaha

My masochistic side finds that hilarious. However if someone released spiders during 8 legged freaks or something similar I would still be in a mental institution strapped to a gurney and gibbering...

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Koodauw said:
I don't really think it is funny, personally I am terrified of snakes.
Agreed.

Here's one for you. Imagine being in the prone position in an ambush site waiting on your target. Then imagine a friendly snake decides to cross your area by crawling up through your legs, over your back and then through your left arm before going on his merry way. Oh, and this was at night. Fun times! ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I don't think it's even vaguely funny.

Harmless snakes would have maybe been a wee bit funny.

Snakes that have the potential to kill? Stupid and asinine.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
How dumb are these people, the released venomous snakes (the kind that can kill people!) if someone had been bitten and died they would be charged with manslaughter. Even if no one died but if someone got injured and had some kind of allergic reaction they could have easily sued the people that released the snakes.

Now this would have been much funnier if the released harmless snakes, and knowing the way people get freaked out by little tiny bugs the reaction would have been the same.

It really gets to me sometimes how people are so dumb.

EDIT: JSW beat me to it, but the opinion remains.

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
jsw said:

I think its fantastic - if they were harmless snakes.

The crazy thing is that IS MY THEATRE I go to with my kids.

Damn. Thats scary!

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
jsw said:

This is very true- why couldn't they have used...oh, I don't know, a garden snake, or something that slithers but does not kill with a single bite. It kind of kills the whole joke. It is like putting a bucket of water on top of a partially open door but instead of water it is...hydrochloric acid.

Still, it was bound to happen, and minus the deadly-ness it was hilarious.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
jsw said:

Yeah, that ruins the "funny" part of it, and makes it kind of sick. Garden Snakes, that would have been funny.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
Xander562 said:
I Thought this was amusing. Somone released live snakes in a theatre during Snakes on a Plane.

Enjoy

Linky
I'm beginning to wonder if this is a hoax. New Line Cinema, the parent of "Snakes On A Plane", and AMC Entertainment, owners of the AMC Theater chain, have an awfully cozy relationship. And though the film pulled a respectable $15M on its opening weekend (on a budget of $32M), ticket sales fell off drastically Saturday and Sunday, which has led some to label the film a disappointment. Is this a stunt to create more buzz and maybe pull people back into the theaters?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
beatsme said:
Is this a stunt to create more buzz and maybe pull people back into the theaters?
It would seem to me that this would reduce the desire of people to see it in a theater, not increase it.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motha f**kin snakes in this motha f**kin theater!

Sorry, someone HAD to do it :D

iHotu

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2006
at large
"Two live diamondback rattlesnakes were released in an Arizona movie theater during a showing of the new film "Snakes on a Plane," according to Local 6 News"

That's not funny, they should be charged with assault and attempted murder if caught.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
jsw said:
It would seem to me that this would reduce the desire of people to see it in a theater, not increase it.
hard to say...for people who really enjoy scary movies, it might be just the thing to entice them.

and there is the school of thought that says there's no such thing as bad PR.

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
D0ct0rteeth said:

Damn. Thats scary!
All the more reason to not go to that theatre. Every time I go there something is wrong with the projector, and nobody seems to care enough to fix it. One time there must have been 3-4 of us (all at the same time) on our way to ask someone to fix the projector (the image on the screen was "jumping" up and down).

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
HAHAHA!!!

I think its funny when Im not in the theatre :) but i would be scared to death if I was in there. :eek:

D0ct0rteeth said:

Damn. Thats scary!

You own AMC??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

;) :p

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
As sick as it is, I find it somewhat funny. Now that I say that, I'm thinking of that TBS commercial where people call in and ask whether things are funny.:D