Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Why don't they invest the time / money in making some glasses that look good ?

I don't know anyone who would wear glasses that look as bad as those.

The point is to make them recognizable. They're not your typical sunglasses design so they stand out. And that's exactly what they're aiming for. I think they're quirky and fun. I wouldn't really wear them myself but I'm not target user. Young Snapchatters are. They love these and I can see why.

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2015
there are very similar frame designs currently featured in optical stores. mid 20-somethings as models.

I may try out, given the 30-day return policy.

Edit: 7 am shipping 1-2 weeks, noon 4-5 weeks.

Last edited:

Briski80

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2016
I’m amazed at all these promo videos that not one single person wears a helmet on a bicycle or skating.

CarpalMac

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2012
UK
How’s your Google Glass inventory?

Amazon Fire Phone?
All of which is just total landfill fodder.

I would hate to go to sleep at night knowing that I was in some part responsible for wasting thousands of tons of the earths valuable resources on such utter guff. I feel guilty if I put a paper cup in the wrong bin.

machumors90

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2017
ABQ
I actually owned a pair of the original Spectacles and constantly received compliments or positive comments about them. I'm surprised at all the negativity in the comments above because I can't think of a single time that I've actually experienced someone who was genuinely "creeped" out by them. If anything, I've actually loaned out my Spectacles to friends and co-workers so they can also capture awesome circular hands-free videos.

Plus, it's quite ignorant to assume that because someone has a camera on his/her face, that he/she is using it to take inappropriate videos of people without their permission.

jbizzybeetle

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2015
I actually owned a pair of the original Spectacles and constantly received compliments or positive comments about them. I'm surprised at all the negativity in the comments above because I can't think of a single time that I've actually experienced someone who was genuinely "creeped" out by them. If anything, I've actually loaned out my Spectacles to friends and co-workers so they can also capture awesome circular hands-free videos.

Plus, it's quite ignorant to assume that because someone has a camera on his/her face, that he/she is using it to take inappropriate videos of people without their permission.

i am having a blast with my v 2.0 specs. wish tho the camera lens and photos could view / reflect mid-distance objects as large as my natural eyes do. objects so recognizable to my eye barely so in the photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.