Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stormbringer

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
I guess you were referring to Quicktime then when you said "it" looks great? Maybe you should write clearer. You said you agreed with the previous poster who was talking about VLC so how can you tell which one you were referring to without already knowing it?
You're right, sorry about that. I was referring to Quicktime.

Wanting something to be the best and getting something to be the best are two different things. It's more like wishful thinking.
Of course it is wishful thinking. But isn't that what we all do?

In other words, you don't want to install 3rd party software, but use a Mac like an "appliance" where it only does what Apple approves/sells/includes? Do you use any 3rd party software or do you just wish Apple would make games and everything else as well?
Yes, in a perfect world, Apple (or whatever brand is "best") would do everything and that it would be the best so that you don't have to look elsewhere if you need it. That's too good to be true off course, but in this case with Quicktime where they already provide an app, it is not impossible that it would be the "best" (or at least very good). So that is why I was hoping it would be able to play anything like VLC does, but with it's own great interface. Not that I'm against 3rd party stuff, but I just don't like to have multiple apps that do the same. And the Apple stuff is already there, plus it's in harmony with the whole system. So all these things make me want to be Quicktime "the best".

I think a better comparison would be to say you want whatever radio Mercedes includes with their car even if it's sub-standard like most car manufacturer's stereo systems are (very very few are any good and Bose is not a great brand despite their own horn-tooting). You WISH it came with a great stereo system because you don't want to install a great one yourself, but so far they just won't deliver what you're wishing for. Although, most manufacturer's in-dash GPS suck too and they're VERY VERY expesnive options on most cars ($1000-2000 for something a $200 Garmin does 3x better).
Sorry, again I made a mistake (there are two other languages which are more native to me). I meant "I wouldn't LIKE to buy other stuff because the original Mercedes stuff is not good enough". You're comparison is exactly what I was trying to say though.

(Btw, I agree about Bose and that a $200 Garmin is better than the expensive in-dash GPS, though I prefer TomTom.)

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
Heres the new QuickTime X interface if anyone is interested? Mods feel free to delete this post if i am waging the rules.

the author of the video has many other videos in his channel that show other new Snow Leopard things. looking to be really good!

avidmacuser

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2009
QuickTime X HTTP Streaming Server Question

Does anyone know how QT X will be able to do HTTP live streaming? Is this handled through the QuickTime Player and through what means / application is the live video (lets say iSight camera) handled. An example setup scenario would be greatly appreciated too for this info. thx in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.