So , another Tuesday rolls by......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by marbles, Oct 8, 2008.

1. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

.and nothing , not a sign that Apple is going to release any new machines :eek: .

Is it now the general consensus that we will have to wait till Macworld 09?.

I mean , no one has reported any invites for an event on the 14th that many here seemed to think was a genuine possibility & if there was to be an event on the 14th , Apple would have sent invites out 7 days beforehand ...., sadly , it's looking like a long wait till Macworld for me now :(.

I realize( hope) that they may release something for the christmas shopping period (the dreaded revision A) but I think it'll be a watered down version of what is to appear at Macworld , then and only then will the good stuff arrive , this release coming soon(again a hope) will be a test run of sorts , for when the main new products hit us in 09

Thoughts?

2. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

I think they will have a silent released oct. 14th, besides think about it what would they need an event for as opposed to just a silent released? what would take about an hr to show off? certainly not a case redesign, that would take maybe 10 minutes

3. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

silent release??dont get all upset just yet, wait 7 days then get upset.

4. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

well said master well said

5. djellison macrumors 68020

There was no event for the orig Macbook.

So why do people expect there to be one for updated or redesigned Macbooks?

And thus why were people expecting press invites yesterday?

6. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

TY, I believe this is the 3rd thread I've had to say this on because people are basing their believe on an event more on hope than logic, don't get me wrong I hope for new MB/MBPs to come as soon as possible and therefore hope for any signs of them coming ASAP but not enough to throw logic out the window

7. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

case redesign , ten minutes?? ....this is Apple we are talking about you know ?

Steve will surely want to get on stage and show off the new manufacturing process? , new MBP , new macbook , new Mini ......oh , and one more thing :D

8. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Wow...we do live in a fantasy world don't we?

9. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

:cool: sure do,.....one can hope though, no?

10. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

^^

11. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

No logic out the window at all , did you actually read my first post in the thread ??

12. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

So...you think there is absolutely no possibility of a silent Oct 14th release? or even a release this year?

Edit- I think that the lack of an invite hardly constitutes a general consensus that we will have to wait to MWSF, not to mention you're still dead set on this version of the MB and MBP having an event which is completely unfathomable to me, do we now not learn anything from the past?

13. chedda macrumors 6502

Statistics

I cannot believe a new factory and build process will go as a silent update. Possibly new mini's and a new isight for christmas i believe. The mac pro with nehalem will be at macworld i think. It also looks like the mbp will be updated at macworld along with the launch of snow leopard ? The combinations are rapidly running out unless the 14th had no validity at all. It may be the macbooks are just released at a later date before christmas. One thing for sure something must come before xmas surely ?

14. aristobrat macrumors G5

Maybe that rumor was untrue.

15. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I might have missed something, but what evidence do we have for a release on the 14th in the first place?

16. DSG macrumors regular

Take a look at what you've written - do you really think Apple has some sort of Area 51-like facility hidden somewhere in the desert? The idea that a company like Apple has come up with the sort of manufacturing process that would require major ground-breaking research is pretty far-fetched in itself. However, to then suggest that Apple has secretly built, staffed, commissioned and tested a factory without anyone knowing about it is just plain silly. Apple really isn't that big, wealthy or, sadly, competent.

They are new laptops. They will be fairly pretty, fairly expensive and probably very popular. But they are still just laptops.

17. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's a Tuesday.

Beyond that, people have made up everything.

18. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

I hope you guys realise that if new machines aren't here on October 14th, there will be five million "No new [enter Apple computer] yet..." threads.

19. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah...

It happens every time. For every supposed update. On every Tuesday.

And I thank the mods for their hard work on those days of idiocy.

20. DSG macrumors regular

Probably preferable to all the "Why isn't it hewn from a solid block of aluminium like I was promised?" threads. And all the "That's all very well for the MB and MBP buyers, but what about my Mini?" threads. And all the "So, when's the iMac upgrade then?" threads. You get the idea.

21. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

So Apple having 15 BILLION CASH money in the bank is not enough to pull off such a venture , hmmmm
    Just laptops is right but they are the only ones that can legally run OSX and for some of it is important to time our purchases just right to avoid losing a whole heap of money buying the current models when a refreah is just around the corner .

I just hope there is an update this year, that's all ,and after reading thread after thread on here , trying to time my Mac purchases to perfection , well , I'm losing hope that anything will happen .. , man I'm running a G3's here , I'm desperate !

I am not dead set on anything at all , simply reading the rumours and looking for clues as to what could happen, ie: a supposed event on the 14th which would have required tickets to be sent out 7 days prior( according to many threads on this forum) ....I don't care if there is an event or not tbh , I just need a new machines , like yesterday .( and no I am not going to buy current models with a refresh so close)

This is MacRumors you know , did you realize ? it's kinda what happens here :rolleyes: .

22. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's $20 billion, but who's counting.

Fixed. Making a Hackintosh is not illegal as long as you buy a retail copy of Leopard and not just steal one of the changed versions.

23. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

Arr , just pointing out they have more then enough money to set up manufacturing ( not that I think they have mind)

I was thinking of the Hackintosh route but I don't have the time or inclination anymore so am relying on Apple to release something sooner rather than later

24. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Depends on the bank. ;)

Maybe I'm listening to too much economic news, but I really don't see Steve Jobs hopping up on a soapbox anytime soon to talk about pretty consumer electronics. If they are planning a release, it'll be announced in a way to boost shareholder confidence, not ours.

25. DSG macrumors regular

No, they probably couldn't pull of such a venture with "15 BILLION CASH in the bank". And Apple certainly couldn't make the necessary investment without warning investors - and the recent reduced margins statement certainly wouldn't cover it.

You don't 'lose' money if you buy a computer just before a refresh - it's just that you could have bought a better one if you'd waited. All you can do is wait until the refresh actually happens - it'll have to be fairly soon because otherwise sales will start to slip. However, the 14th has only ever been speculation dressed up as fact. I'd have thought the obvious thing to do is wait until next Tuesday and then, if nothing is released, buy whatever you need now. It really won't be the end of the world because whatever is eventually released is unlikely to be that revolutionary anyway.

Yeah - MacRumors. Not MacSpeculation or MacWhinge or MacMisunderstanding or MacJumpingToConclusions.