So anyone go queuing with me? :)

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
I'll be staying in line this Friday for an iPhone 6 plus since my pre order won't arrive on launch day. Plan on going there around 5am

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
If you're going to show up at 5am you might as well just wait for your delayed shipment. I'd recommend standing in line at LEAST at midnight.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I'd get there by midnight Thursday if you are serious about getting something friday.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
If you're going to show up at 5am you might as well just wait for your delayed shipment. I'd recommend standing in line at LEAST at midnight.
Ughhhh... I'm in southern California so I hope things are easier than NY.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
You're so cool :rolleyes:

Will be standing in line too. Was hoping to arrive at 3 or 4 in the morning, but the other posts in this thread have me paranoid :confused: maybe midnight is minimum for the apple store, but do you really think the local AT&T store will be that bad? Ehhh..
its true though unless youre talking about the plus. the six could be had easily dont know why one would camp out in line.

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
You're so cool :rolleyes:

Will be standing in line too. Was hoping to arrive at 3 or 4 in the morning, but the other posts in this thread have me paranoid :confused: maybe midnight is minimum for the apple store, but do you really think the local AT&T store will be that bad? Ehhh..
For the 6+ YES. I'm seriously thinking that in major cities midnight won't cut it anymore. There's people already in lines in several places. You might need to be there early morning on Thursday for a 6+

Lasereyes

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
For the 6+ YES. I'm seriously thinking that in major cities midnight won't cut it anymore. There's people already in lines in several places. You might need to be there early morning on Thursday for a 6+
Early morning Thursday LOL they can keep the phone. I was going for an iPhone 6+, but I'm totally okay with with the smaller version if that's all they have left.

Lasereyes

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
The two apple stores close to me are both located in a mall, so I really have no idea how it's going to work. Are people going to wait outside of the entrance and then have a running of the bulls to the Apple store when doors open? Gotta call my stores and figure this out.

If anyone has experience with the Boca Raton and Wellington Green Apple stores in Florida, the input would be appreciated!

robostig

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
The two apple stores close to me are both located in a mall, so I really have no idea how it's going to work. Are people going to wait outside of the entrance and then have a running of the bulls to the Apple store when doors open? Gotta call my stores and figure this out.

If anyone has experience with the Boca Raton and Wellington Green Apple stores in Florida, the input would be appreciated!
I had read that you line up outside the mall and they take you in groups.

Not sure if true

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I also plan on standing in line for the 6+ as my pre-order wont come till october 21st and I already sold my iPhone 5 so I got no phone. I Plan on standing in line at 11:00 in front of a far away corporate verizon store that has less foot traffic.

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
Early morning Thursday LOL they can keep the phone. I was going for an iPhone 6+, but I'm totally okay with with the smaller version if that's all they have left.
I agree, I don't want to be there that long for a phone lol. Going early or in the middle of the night is one thing but to be there since Thursday morning is crazy. And i'm sure there will be people already there at that time.

swamyg1

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
Flagship stores are guaranteed to have much more stock yes? Especially the San Fran store?

roberthodgson

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Ordered online should be here Friday, made a reservation for pickup at the Apple store for my Sister inlaw she just has to show up at a specified time and should not have to wait to long and her phone model of Choice will be waiting,

This is the first year I won't be lining up first thing in the morning I think I am going to miss it. But no stress about if I will get the one so want is worth missing the line. Might just stop by for the fun when Apple opens at 8 have a coffee and then head to work

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo

Aventura Mall here in Miami wouldn't let people wait outside the doors of the mall until just a couple of hours before the Apple store opened.

Once you got inside the mall and to the Apple Store area, there would be about 100 feet of roped off queue. Sure, there is a rush of people, but it's pointless because most people that are there that early will most probably get a phone. This was for a single size screen phone in the past, so the 2 different size screens will affect the supply/demand percentage a little more than just choosing color and capacity.

You get in line and once you get near the front of the line, an Apple employee would ask if you had a preorder to pick up, or were looking to purchase a phone outright. If you were purchasing outright, they ask the carrier, color, and capacity you want. Then an Apple agent comes and takes you inside to get your phone and any accessories you may need.

It's very orderly and once you are done, they won't let you hang around the store because of the massive crowd trying to get their phones. If I recall, the Aventura Apple store had at least a couple of thousand units on hand for the iPhone 5 launch. I went to the store around opening time and waited maybe a little over 90 minutes to get inside.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
what about lining up at carrier stores like verizon stores would lining up the day before at night be enough or would you have to be in line earlier ?