So, are all you whiners from September happy now?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zwhaler, Feb 5, 2008.

?

Are those of you who played the waiting game for a 32gb happy now?

1. Yes - All I wanted was a 32gb iPod Touch, regardless of price

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No - I was hoping for 32gb and a price drop (399 for 32gb)

31 vote(s)
    51.7%
  3. No - I'm still waiting for 64gb

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Back at the Touches release in September, there was an onslaught of people moaning about how they wanted 32gb and how 16gb was an outrage, a joke. So, with the 32gb model now available, I'm just wondering if all of you people out there who were waiting for this to become available are finally happy and are going to jump on the bandwagon. I got a 16gb as soon as I could, and I am very happy with it, and am glad I didn't wait for this. Yes, 500$ is expensive, but you can't realistically expect Apple to drop all the models by 100$ to make the 32gb affordable.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

You need an option for "don't care." And it seems that although the waiting game for 32GB existed in large yester, a new waiting party for 64GB seems to be gaining steam...

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Wait, there's a 32 GB model? Did I miss something?:confused:

4. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

i vote don't care also--

life is like that...once you get what you want, you want more

5. theman macrumors 6502a

after finally convincing myself that 16gb was enough, i ordered one online yesterday afternoon. at about 10:30 today i decided to check my email and see if it shipped, and nope. then i went to macrumors and see it says "32gb touch released". I was like, WHAT??? HAS TO BE A JOKE! and i ran to the phone to cancel my order...

i didn't see it coming at all... anyway, i saw it was $499, ($530 after tax), and although i have the cash for that, just on principle i think that is a ridiculous amount of money to spend. I thought the $360 i payed for the 16gb touch was a lot. So, i'm still going to hold off. it will force me to sort out all my crap music that i don't listen to. i also won't be able to put all my movies on there, but since i could only watch 1 or 2 per day, i can just switch them on and off from my computer at night...

bottom line, although the release was an unexpected and shocking, $499 is nuts for an ipod, and it will soon be obsolete. also, i really don't need 32gb.

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

My old 5th Gen 60Gig iPod is full...

I'm waiting for the 128 Gig Touch... :D

7. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

32gb iTouch is soooo 14 hours ago.

8. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Hahahha. Way to stay ahead of the curve.

I think there should be a "Don't Care" option as well. It's a nice thing for the iPhone people who waited, but slightly ****** for iTouch users. Still, it's a good move with Apps coming.

9. Ernest macrumors newbie

Ernest

Just enjoy it now and wait while you enjoy for whatever you want you greedy bastards. Really, iPod touch best iPod ever.

10. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

My 8 GB does the job :) (until the iPhone finally gets released here in the Netherlands)

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I got the 16gb one more than enough space for me :D

I agree with akonradi theres no option for I dont care or I'm happy with what I got

12. Solesk macrumors member

i dont think it really makes a difference between 16 or 32. until you get into 160gb plus where you can load whole seasons of your favorite shows it doesnt really change much. the only real difference is having to choose which videos to put on.

at 160gb you could load all 11 seasons of southpark. or your whole movie collection. or high res versions of everything for watching on a tv. at 32 your still limited to what you can load. you still have to make choices. just fewer.

13. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I think that there's a problem with the added space, at least for me. To fill a 160GB iPod, you'll need 160GB of disk space for iTunes alone. That also means you might want to have that much space extra available for Time Machine, or maybe some more.

My iMac came with a 320GB disk. That's roughly 300 'GiB'. 60 of that goes to Windows, which leaves 240 GB for Mac stuff. 160GB of iTunes content would be a whopping 67% of the available disk space.

14. 7even macrumors 6502a

16 gigs was a tad small, 32 gigs makes it PERFECT :D

15. dafreak macrumors newbie

32 GB ipod

WOW, I just got my 16GB ipod touch for my birthday today....That sucks!

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Back in September, I would have gotten a Touch if it had been something like 64GB but 8 and 16 just didn't cut it. I bought a 160GB Classic instead, plus I already had an iPhone.

32GB still isn't big enough although I did buy a 16GB iPhone on Tuesday but that's different, it's an phone.

17. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Did it suddenly shrink?

18. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Yeah, what a horrible present. Your life sucks.

19. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I'm always amazed at what kind of presents people get, and then how unthankful some seem to be. At my family (and we're not poor) birthday presents are usually around € 20 max, except from parents who might give quite some more, but nothing like an iPod touch. We also don't do christmas presents.

I saved up some for my iPod touch 8 GB and I'm still incredibly happy with it (now if it only could make phone calls, send text messages, …)

20. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

you took the words out of my mouth... i can think of a lot more things that suck more than that

21. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Like, having to choose between an 8gb iPhone, 8gb iPod Touch, Macbook, 24" iMac, 2nd gen Nano, 2nd gen Shuffle or U2 Photo iPod when you want to listen to music ;)

22. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

very very funny-- they all have different purposes (although the only one i truly use daily is the iPod Touch in the car)

23. Delia macrumors member

Ditto!

I didn't get much more than a $25 movie theater gift card and a $15 iTunes card for my birthday and I was dang thankful to get those because times are tough.

If he doesn't want his 16 gb ipod touch, I will gladly give it a good home :D

24. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

Agreed, I'm sporting a 1st Gen 2GB Nano that has a dead screen (the Nano still works, I have the menu memorized, and put everything on shuffle anyway).

The problem I see is that people will just fill it up with whatever. I've yet to come close to ever filling my Nano, and probably never will. Then again, I don't DL music outside of retail channels anyway, so I guess my collection is probably pretty meager. I've got better things to spend my money on.

My cellphone is on the fritz (Razr + toilet = bad mojo) and we can't upgrade again for another 10 months, and I'm considering an iPhone. I figure 8GB will be plenty.

Besides, doesn't anyone synch anymore? I can't see how someone could possibly go through 16GB of stuff in 24 hours. I don't think it'd be mathematically possible.

This entitlement society we've got going on will be the downfall of us all...

25. aethelbert macrumors 601

Gee, someone should have just spent another $100 to make an even more expensive birthday present just for you... How terrible!