Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are those of you who played the waiting game for a 32gb happy now?

• Yes - All I wanted was a 32gb iPod Touch, regardless of price

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • No - I was hoping for 32gb and a price drop (399 for 32gb)

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • No - I'm still waiting for 64gb

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

Ollie1216

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2007
after finally convincing myself that 16gb was enough, i ordered one online yesterday afternoon. at about 10:30 today i decided to check my email and see if it shipped, and nope. then i went to macrumors and see it says "32gb touch released". I was like, WHAT??? HAS TO BE A JOKE! and i ran to the phone to cancel my order...

i didn't see it coming at all... anyway, i saw it was $499, ($530 after tax), and although i have the cash for that, just on principle i think that is a ridiculous amount of money to spend. I thought the $360 i payed for the 16gb touch was a lot. So, i'm still going to hold off. it will force me to sort out all my crap music that i don't listen to. i also won't be able to put all my movies on there, but since i could only watch 1 or 2 per day, i can just switch them on and off from my computer at night...

bottom line, although the release was an unexpected and shocking, $499 is nuts for an ipod, and it will soon be obsolete. also, i really don't need 32gb.

Now here is someone who has used his noggin and knows how to make the best with what he can afford. Cudos and best wishes to you, sir!:):D;)

Keane Fan

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
Gee, someone should have just spent another $100 to make an even more expensive birthday present just for you... How terrible!

you guys need to take a chill pill. i get presents like that poster too and i would have been pissed if for $100 more you could have gotten double the GB!

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I don't care. I am just satisfied with my 8GB anyway. why? I don't have to carry all music I have. I can't even listen to them everyday. well, Tv shows or movies can get more space. but I don't save no more than 1 movie, and 2 Tv shows because they are enough for a day. if I really want to save all content, I maybe buy 160GB ipod classic. but ipod classic is not favorite anymore.

just like others, I created smart playlist to fit in the space. so everytime when I sync, itouch will automatically update other content. you know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.