Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibpod

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
So I just jailbroke my iphone. My main reason was to switch the theme. The theme I'm looking for is the on that is black but looks like a blueprint and has that cool A4 chip as an app. I also wanted to get notifcations from the lock screen and also change the lock screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Oh also is there a way to protect my phone once it's jailbroken so I can't get hacked or catch a virus. Thanks

ibpod

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
Thank you everyone. AJ I instlled that app and it doesn't open all the way. It closes the second I pull it up. Also I notice cydia runs really slow even on my wifi is that normal. I also see a "essential upgrade" when I open cydia do I need to do that? Also is loader something I need on my phone or can I get rid of it?

As far as that theme goes. Do I need winter board to use it? I have it on here now but I find it hard to navigate. I downloaded a theme and it's nothing like the screenshots look like. Again thanks everyone I feel slow, like I'm learing a whole to OS

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Thank you everyone. AJ I instlled that app and it doesn't open all the way. It closes the second I pull it up. Also I notice cydia runs really slow even on my wifi is that normal. I also see a "essential upgrade" when I open cydia do I need to do that? Also is loader something I need on my phone or can I get rid of it?

As far as that theme goes. Do I need winter board to use it? I have it on here now but I find it hard to navigate. I downloaded a theme and it's nothing like the screenshots look like. Again thanks everyone I feel slow, like I'm learing a whole to OS

Yes, cydia takes a while to load at times. And if there is an update on it do a complete update.
Not sure if Terminal has been updated to work with the latest firmware. What version are you JB on?

ibpod

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
4.2.6 is what my phone is on so.....

As far as that loader and winterboard do I need those?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
4.2.6 is what my phone is on so.....

As far as that loader and winterboard do I need those?

Loader you can remove since you already installed cydia.
Winterboard you need if you want to add themes and change visual things on your phone.
Also the MobileTerminal its not compatible with your firmware version.
Go to cydia and remove it.
And then follow the directions on this page to install one for firmware 4.2.6
http://www.appfaction.com/blog/2011...sword-after-a-jailbreak-with-mobile-terminal/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.