So happy with my watch!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by susan12369, Apr 25, 2015.

1. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I love it, and I also love watches so it's not an adjustment for me to start wearing it, and I really love the design of this one. I love the messages, being able to see what they are so I know whether I want to respond to them or not. If I'm with other people, I don't want to be rude and take my phone out all the time, so this lets me see if a message is important or just see what someone's saying without having to respond unless I need/want to. And I love the activity, the prompts to get up and move, and my desire to fill those rings! I have kept it on silent so far since getting it yesterday morning, and prefer the taptic taps to sounds. And I don't use it at all for mail. I only want to see my mail when I want to see it (if someone wants me right away, they need to call or text), and so I have no plans to use the watch for mail. Other points,

•Felt natural on my wrist right from the start
    •38 mm is the perfect size for me
    •No problems or errors entering the passcode or selecting apps, I haven't feel like my fingers were too big or the icons too small
    •Activity rings have encouraged me to move more since I got it, which is always good!
    •Love the milanese strap, very comfortable and I love the look on my wrist
    •Battery so far seems good, though does suck the iPhone battery a bit
    •Display is so bright and colorful, looks so clean
    •Setup and customization has made sense and hasn't been difficult, I haven't felt a steep learning curve at all

All in all, I love it. I'm happy with my purchase and can see myself enjoying it for a long time.

2. BellaMaggs macrumors newbie

BellaMaggs

I agree! I'm go glad I ordered the 38mm Milanese Loop. I really agonized between it and the link bracelet because the link one looked so much shiner online, but pictures/video really do not do the Milanese justice.

During Mass earlier today I looked down at it, and the bracelet actually sparkles. I absolutely love it and all the functionality of the watch.

Thank you Apple! Now just get my husbands here so he can stop fussing about it. LOL

3. susan12369 thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope more people who are happy with their watches, and finding it useful or helpful, will post about it. I'm seeing people who are getting turned off on the idea of buying one because of the negative posts, and I think that's a shame. There are some people who are not going to like it, like everything else, and there are some people who are having issues with it or who want it to do things it doesn't yet do, and I'm not trying to negate any of their opinions... but there are those of us out here who are happy about their purchase, who are really enjoying the watch and what it can do.

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Glad you enjoy it . Wearables are a hit/miss amongst people, if your in the hit category, the Apple watch is in a league of it own.

5. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Love my 42mm SS Milanese. I've had mine for 2 days and it's becoming more and more loved - I went through similar with fitbit and eventually got over it, but being a watch wearer and now having a watch, reminders, phone and communication abilities I hope these feelings stick around. In 27.5 hours I've gone from 100% to 16% battery which is impressive, beyond my expectations.

I accidentally fell asleep with it on last night - having a HRM log in the health app is really interesting to look over.

I hope the FDA loosen up a bit and the device gains more and more health related functionality over the coming years.

6. susan12369 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I hope so too.

7. Speechless macrumors 6502

I have the 42mm Space Gray and it has been seriously a great tool. I have NEVER owned a watch but have had every iPhone since its debut. One thing i've been hoping for lately was something that would be more convenient and more practical.

My schedule LIVES on notifications. I have had soo many apps for getting tasks done like Gneo, Checkmark 2, exc. and all of them have been great - but have been a chore because of having to constantly get my phone, open the app, check it off, and repeat (I'm talking a task every.single.hour) it was seriously no fun and it turned me off using them (not to mention the blast of useless notifications that seem to come with every app installed).

With the watch, it was like a prayer answered. It all.just.flows and it is AMAZING. Something so small in feature can REALLY turn someones productivity around!

I'm a college student - I work hourly, and let me just say..money well spent. No regrets at all.

I love my :apple:Watch.

8. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

That's surprising consider all the reviews. Good news indeed.

9. susan12369 thread starter macrumors 6502

surprised me as well, I was prepared for several days considering the reviews. I did watch the videos before it arrived, and I did look at the online watch guide - not every section, but many - and I think those helped. I do tend to pick up new things very well, but was still surprised at how much sense this all made to me. I do occasionally press the wrong button, but not much :)

10. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Ha! Yes, we all do. :)

11. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I love mine too! I have the 42mm SS Milanese. My battery life was a bit worse than expected, but I think I was using it more than I expected. I was at 4% when I charged it after 4:25 of use and 14 hours of standby. Charging was quick though, gaining about 1% per minute so when I went back downstairs 15 minutes later I was close to 20% again.

My use was mostly dictating text messages. I've been very impressed in that regard and have used it more than I anticipated. Yes the apps could load a bit quicker at times, but don't feel that it is that bad. I love the music control. I had my phone paired to a bluetooth speaker and was using my watch to control it. I told my wife without my watch, she wouldn't have gotten the bottle of wine I saw she requested when I was in the checkout line at the store, because I wouldn't have gotten my phone out at that moment. I feel that overall, the best feature is being able to chance and know if I have a notification waiting or not. Seeing the current weather and my next calendar event every time I look is great too.

Definitely some software improvements to be made, but my expectations have been exceeded so far!

12. susan12369 thread starter macrumors 6502

One of those unexpected benefits!

I too find myself dictating text responses far more than I would have thought.

13. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

Absolutely love my green 42 sport, and have a 42 SS Milanese coming as well! Who says you can only have one!

EricE

14. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I love mine too, Susan! And the reaction my daughter got at work when her co-workers heard her say, "you are calling me from your watch?"

Priceless!

15. gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

Definitely love mine!! 42MM Sport with white sport band. Very comfortable to wear. Had a full day with it today from 8:30AM - 10:30PM and still had 34% battery. Love all the notifications and bonus is when you use maps on the phone it syncs up to the watch to alert you of turns.

I don't think there's a steep learning curve on the watch, but force touch and when to use the crown to scroll take getting used to...but really after a day of use you'll pretty much have it down.

I think all the recommendations I've seen are spot on. The taptic feedback however I find actually really cool. I know some haven't found it as "revolutionary" but I really like it.

Being a version 1.0 I think it's amazing and it's only going to get better from here. I love how everything just works together.

One happy customer here. :D:apple:

16. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Maps is fanfreakingtastic. I used both driving and walking directions today and it was spot on. I'm thrilled about this, because when I'm walking around in a strange city I really don't like staring at my phone the whole time, looking like a tourist!

17. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

It's nice to read a positive posting, all too often people just post their gripes/complaints while most people who are happy with their products are too busy enjoying their new toy to write a review. Thanks!

Ant

18. Rayban macrumors regular

Rayban

I too am enjoying my watch. It's everything I expected.
    Negativity speaks louder than positivity unfortunately.

19. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Same here. At the try on appointment and the first hour or so I was like- this is very different but soon I was getting the hang of the nuances and by today its second nature.

20. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I love using it as an apple tv remote. Very, Very pleased with it. I can't wait to get a Milanese loop.

21. Somnospeed macrumors member

Other than the delay in the text notifications (and the instability of text notifications) I am completely happy with the watch. Even more so than I expected. In a couple months, after a ton of new apps and a software update to clear some bugs I will probably say that I'm 100% happy with it.

Just like most things on the internet, people loooove to gripe far more than praise. My suggestion to anyone on the fence about buying an apple watch, buy it. You will have no trouble unloading it or returning it if you aren't satisfied. But I have a feeling you will be. Even with all the griping going on, I think I've read one person say they took it back and they were probably full of BS.

22. JCT macrumors 6502

I think some of the negativity stems from folks trying to figure out how it "fits" in their life.

I received my 38mm SS black sport yesterday and at first I was a little nonplused, but as the day wore on I really enjoyed the freedom from my iPhone and enjoyed figuring out how to use it as seamlessly as possible.

It never occurred to me to try to use it to replace my iPhone (e.g. use it for email) and the two co-exist nicely. I'm really enjoying the activity tracker and it did a good job with my treadmill workout today.

My Milanese band is on order and hmmm, may want a white sport at some point....

Fun piece of gear.

23. rxtiger macrumors member

Agree, no real learning curve for me at all. I love this watch. Looks good, feels natural. Excellent product. I have the 42mm SS with classic buckle.

24. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

Loving mine, SS 38 WSB, already got used to quickly checking updates and texts without having to get out my 6+ which is a bonus. Battery life is really good. Being able to change watch faces to suit the situation you are in. Weather update on my wrist, controlling my iPhone linked to my Bose speaker to change music, taking phone calls, quickly responding to texts, I feel it's already become part of my routine. Just ordered the classic buckle for a more dressy watch, will look to get link bracelet at some point and cancelled my additional order for 42 SG, as I know this is the right size for me.

25. Tycho24 macrumors 68020

Tycho24

Very, very confused by this....
    I hope (& assume) that you are perceiving this incorrectly.
    Powering the iPhone screen uses much, much, much, much more battery than pushing notifications over bt. Most likely, you are using the phone a bit more to tweak settings & whatnot in the Apple Watch app.
    I seriously cannot wrap my head around this. I cannot fathom a way that could be possible. (Luckily!) :)
    Can't wait to see a review where this is quantified.
    *sigh* Anyone else here miss Anand??