So has anyone else realized..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Jan 15, 2009.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

(I realized this the second i got the text from CNN about Jobs)

That Jobs isn't returning until the end of June.

So will he make a grand reappearance at WWDC? No one else can introduce a new iPhone except Steve Jobs.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If no Jobs at even WWDC means no iPhone nano, then, as much as I hate to say it, I do NOT want Jobs to show up at WWDC.

If there truly is no iPhone nano, bring on the Jobs for the Gainestown Mac Pro release!

3. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

hopefully he will be a little pudgier when he gets back :p

4. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Ha i'm with you TS, I'm as anti nano as you are.

5. stevo8 macrumors 6502

6. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yah i had the conspiracy theory that this is partly his health and partly Apple's idea.

With the economy tanking, his healthy not looking good publicly, Apple's stock prices falling etc and he's taking 5 months off.

So thats June.. a healthy steve jobs, a new iphone, the first public appearance. It will be a media bonanza.

About Nano.. what if it's iphone 3.0.. brand new just a lil smaller, because they always want it smaller.. probably about the same size as the palm pre, but thinner, same as the old iphone.. etc

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It goes against the purpose of the iPhone: to kill off the dumbphone market.

8. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I caught right on that he said he would be back at the end of June and I don't think it was a coincidence. To me, this sounds a bit strange. How can someone put a time table on their recovery, especially this mystery disease he has been suffering from for a whole year? It's not like he tore his ACL and will be out X number of months. How the heck does he know that he will be better by the end of June when he didn't even know what was wrong with himself a week ago ("it's just a hormone imbalance and treatment is straightfoward...")?

I think his announcement of coming back just in time for the iPhone's product cycle time is no coincidence at all. It's actually really sad - the guy should just give it up for a bit and concentrate on his health - not the next product line.

9. Sigur macrumors regular

Sigur

Please don't make the iPhone thinner. You still have to be able to hold it in your hand. And what sense would it make to make the iPhone smaller?

Word!

10. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Nah im not saying it should be, im saying it should be the same as the 3G, nice round curve back etc, just not as long.. same res screen etc, with 3.0 software, nice updates, maybe multithreaded apps, etc..

11. Sigur macrumors regular

Sigur

I don't know about the iPhone but I like about my iPod touch that there is free space on both sides where I can hold it while I'm playing games like Cube Runner.

But I'm with you about the software.

12. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

but that's exactly what an iPhone nano could do
    it could offer an option in the dumbphone market that is actually a smartphone, so that dumbphones start to go away

13. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

the iPhone nano is not a smartphone.

14. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

There is no iPhone nano ;)

15. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

The dumb-phone market isn't going anywhere and the purpose of the iPhone was certainly never to try to kill it off.

16. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Right, not everyone wants a phone that does everything. Some people actually make phone calls and text on their phones and nothing else. Some people actually prefer the ACTUAL number buttons over the expensive touch screen.

17. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Anyone here remember when phones did one thing and one thing only: MAKE PHONE CALLS?

18. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

No one said it was a recovery or a cure. Whatever he has, stress is making it worse. So he's lowering his stress for 6 months.

It doesn't mean he'll be perfect in June. It just means he is trying to stop himself from getting worse right now.

19. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

+20 Internets

I hate the idea of an iPhone Nano. However, I would surely welcome the 3.5G iPhone with full HSDPA/HSUPA implementation and full blown GPS (not stupid A-GPS). Now, on the side of storage I'd be happy with 16GB, however, 32GB would be a sweet spot.

20. Acronym macrumors 68000

if he releases an iphone nano ill committ suicide........not i dont care either way if a iphone nano comes out i like the 3G iphone just cause another style of iphone comes out doesnt mean im gonna hate it and other people for using it.

the way i see it iphone nano has no effect on how i view apple apple products and people buying apple products.

21. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Try Googling aGPS and GPS and see if your comparison makes sense.

22. Indy21 macrumors 6502

I think (hope) he's back in June sometime to release a new better version of the iphone 3G with faster processor more capacity yadda yadda yadda, none of this na'nonsense'. :D

23. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Great... this is turning into another iPhone nano thread.

That would make my year of Jobs was to appear at WWDC.
    If he isn't there then I may not bother turning into a live feed.

24. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I don't think he'll be at WWDC - I think the era of the Jobs keynote is over, folks.

I do believe, however, that in some special one-off presentation (or maybe just an open-letter) in the not too distant future he'll give a "good bye, thanks for all the fish" speech. And it'll be sad.

25. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I think he'll end up doing something very similar to what Bill Gates did.

He'll pass the CEO job to Tim Cook but stay on as the head product supervisor. The managers below him will do the actual work in terms of design, he'll just sit in an office using Apple products all day and tell people what he hates about them.

In other words, he'll do the one part of the job he really likes without all the other CEO-related business stuff.