So, how well would the mid level 15in. MBP run Sims 3?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by rhcpfan0, Jun 11, 2009.

1. rhcpfan0 macrumors newbie

I'm currently trying to decide which laptop to get, the mid level or the high end 15 in. MBP, and I was wondering if the mid level could handle the Sims 3 on high settings. It's likely as far as my mac gaming will go, as I use 360 for about all of it.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Just a guess, but a new mid-level MBP should run Sims 3 just fine. I will not guess about the highest settings, but I've got a MBP (see my sig) that handles all the games I've tried just fine and it does an excellent job in Windows/Vista with games like Crysis. But excellent for Crysis is about 20fps, it's such a hog. ;) I do agree with the philosophy if you can afford it, purchase the best CPU/Video Card you can afford for gaming.

3. ChaosMerdy macrumors newbie

Well I have a 13inch Aluminum Unibody Macbook from late 2008 and I can say that it runs the Sims 3 quite decently natively in OS X...its only choppy when i have alot of sims on screen at once (but that's what a RAM upgrade is for ;) ) so yeah...my best guess is that you'd be fine

Hope this helps!

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It should run okay. I've been evaluating systems running Sims 3 since my sister is due a new one for college, so I'm trying to find the best setup for her.
    Oh and it's not a collectors Macbook ;) it's an old macbook that was phased out. I own the same machine and theres nothing collectors about it!

5. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

I have the same specs as ChaosMerdy, its a 2.0Ghz with 2GB RAM, and it runs pretty great.

6. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

2.4 ghz MBP 15 inch nvidia geforce 8600M GT runs flawlessly maxed settings, view distance set to lower though.