So I am officially going to kill my cat!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nospeed411, Jun 4, 2010.

1. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Well after a long and unusually horrible week at work, I wanted to just sit on the couch and relax last eve. I had just gotten done surfing the boards and enjoying how wonderful my MacBook Pro is. I closed the lid, sat it on the overly large arm of my couch and got up to go fetch a beverage....all of the sudden the damn cat flips the hell out and surfs my MacBook off on to the floor.:mad::mad:. I immediately run to my fallen comrade's aide. I open the lid and to my horror the screen looks like a newspaper that the registration was off when they printed it.RRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness my buddy who owns a Mac re-seller called today and said he's gonna let me have a mulligan and replace the screen for free since there was no visible damage.

So in short...keep your MacBook in a safe place when stored, you never know what kind of creature may feel threatened by it and try to kill it.:D

2. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

Kill it with fire.

But seriously, that's gotta suck. At least you got a free replacement.

Oh and don't kill the cat. ;)

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

things my cat has played with on and subsequently knocked off of my desk:
    mice
    usb flash drives
    iphone
    cables

and she lays atop of my MBP after a long day of 'clamshell' mode.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

at least it didn't piss/cum on the keyboard. my male cat used to mark everything because apparently the vet didn't neuter him at the right time.

5. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

that sounds awful.

6. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Well send the cat to me, if you don't want it.:D Also, make sure your MBP is in a safe place next time. The couch arm might have been big, but not flat enough for the MBP. Apple says place it on a solid flat surface.

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

There is no right time to take away your pet's manhood.

8. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Uh,time has nothing to do with it.He either has nuts or he doesn't :eek:
    If he does it's cum, if he doesn't it pee.If he is intact, you are due a refund and/ or free surgery ,that said,if he doesn't know how to neuter a cat,I'd get another vet

9. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

I think he is referring to his cat spraying which is some sort of nasty piss-cum territory marking crap male cats do. I also found out the hard way when my 9 month old kitten started with that. I went through bottles of cat deodorizer spray, threw the cat out in the snow for day(its Texas, so not really as bad as it sounds), and finally just locked him up in the bathroom (he did not spray while living in there for a week) while waiting for the appointment. Post-Neuter: he was my good little kitten again. :)

10. neteng101 macrumors 65816

A cat has 9 lives - I hope you have 8 more mulligans at hand. ;)

11. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

12. monkey52892 macrumors newbie

monkey52892

I agree 100% :D

13. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yes, like those fella's that say they cummed on their keyboard while masterbating. Then they took it to the Apple store and said it was cream ... The genius says he'll take a look to see if he can fix it. And he does. And hes a little nosey, so he takes a look in Safari's history on your Mac, and he finds the last thing you've been on was redtube. He puts the 2 together...

Is it one of those dramatic, fake situations?:rolleyes:

14. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Hey, at least you got a free replacement, so don't harm the cat! :)

But seriously, I have two cats and can perfectly understand how this can happen. Nothing is really safe and especially something new or something that's somewhere it normally is not is very interesting. I got used to not putting valuable things in potentially dangerous places. Even when I'm somewhere else and someone puts a drink next to a laptop my first thought is "don't do that, the cat might knock it over!".

How long do you have your cat? Try to think like it and things like that don't happen. :)

15. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

this is what i'm talking about, yeah. i may not be right about the vet doing it at the wrong time or whatnot, but this is what I was told as being the reason for his marking. He is neutered, yes, but he still has the need psychologically to mark his territory. It also has something to do with how much attention he's getting. basically it's incredibly annoying.

16. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

And this is why we don't keep pets near our :apple:.

** You seriously got lucky haha. :D

17. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

When one of our cats was young she was the most danger for cables. The thin ones from expensive Sennheiser in-ear earphones that cost a lot of money. She thought it is cat chewing gum I guess. I was not happy but she still alive and doesn't do that anymore.
    Young cats are dangerous tech predators and unlike a dog you cannot really teach them anything. Nice fluffy bird killers but a dog is the better pet. Off course until a dog learns something there is also potential for destruction. When a retriever starts chewing away on what ever it is done in no time.

18. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Firstof all cats are good for nothing really.. And second, it was your fault for not having any common sense. Would you also blame an earthquake?

19. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

20. ChrisWV10 macrumors newbie

I look forward to seeing your new pair of fluffy mittens. :D

21. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

Funny how people always want to blame someone / something else for their own carelessness. The computer is heavy enough for a cat to actually push it off the edge, unless its a cat on steroids. Which means, you must have kept it really close to the brink.

22. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

:)

23. andrew086 macrumors regular

I hope you realize that your cat is more important than your computer.

24. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

You don't seriously blame a cat for getting mice from your desk, do you you?

Is that being a master of masturbating? :)

@ OP:

If you want to kill the cat, install Windows on it. Violently, several times. Blue death is coming to that bugger.

25. skyaflya macrumors newbie

au contraire

Cats can be quick learners

Attached Files: