so i closed the lid on MBP to put into sleep mode...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itsme1, Mar 13, 2010.

1. itsme1 macrumors newbie

1 hr today then i noticed it didnt have the white light blinking. Once i opened it nothing happened so i tapped the pwr button. It then started loading up like if my battery died and just charged it.

ohh i forgot to add, is this normal? or anyone experience this as well? It was a bit glitchy when i tapped the pwr button so i closed it and opened it agian then it started working normal.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

When you hit the power button, did it start from the safe-sleep screen (gray progress bar, with desktop washed out)? If so, then it sounds like either the battery went dead or somehow was disconnected (perhaps a bad connection in the battery bay). I think that's what you're describing.

3. itsme1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah thats what i got the gray loading screen. The battery was at like 30% so im not sure how it could have died. this is the first time it's happened

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

The only thing I can think of, off hand, is to re-calibrate the battery and see how it goes. If you are getting short run times, you could have a bad battery. (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490)

5. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

I'd second that.