So I got my iPhone 6 replaced thru warranty..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shaqq, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Shaqq macrumors regular

Shaqq

I got my t-mobile iPhone 6 swapped thru warranty and it's been paid off but when I received the replacement it saying the replacement is financed. I call t-mobile and tell them and they say don't worry about it and it's a replacement that's why it's showing that and it doesn't effect me. And I said so if the person who had it doesn't pay it will it shut off my phone they said no but I don't believe that. So idk if I should tell them I don't want this one or not? What y'all think about this situation? Because if I decide to trade and the person sees it's not paid off they not going to want it because I know I wouldn't.

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Where on the phone does it tell you whether it's financed or paid off? In other words, if you sell the phone to someone, it won't matter. The buyer will put the phone on their own account, not yours.

3. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

I checked on swappa and on t-mobile. & yea I know but it matters because when I trade it they are going to want to check if the imei is not financed. That's also what I do when I do trades is check that first.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Out of curiosity, whose warranty did you use for this replacement? Apple, or something the carrier offers?

5. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I would take it further because that sounds suspect.

7. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

So what should I say to T-Mobile because they keep telling me don't worry about it and I want it to show paid off like it should.

8. chabig macrumors 68040

Just keep bugging them until they fix it. Try different reps. Try the 800 number.

9. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Call back and get supervisor and request that be removed and for them to send you that in writing or email that it is paid in full. Keep any statements or receipts you have that says it's paid in full.

10. 617aircav Suspended

Tmobile are very dishonest and can screw your down the line. If it's paid off it should be unlocked.

11. Shaqq, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015

Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

I called them again and they said that it shows that because I haven't sent the other back yet and once they receive it it wipes it out. I don't know if I believe that because this never happened before... I spoke to someone different again and they it hasn't shown up on my account yet it takes 3-5 days and they see that it was replaced on someone else account so once it shows on my account then it won't show that it's being financed anymore. Idk if I should believe that.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Well you left out the part where you still have the old phone. That makes sense then. They charged you the price of the phone and will delete it when you send the old one.

13. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

I wanna make sure it changes before I send the other one back. Because this the first time this happened with a replacement.

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

In any case: the next time you have an issue with your iPhone 6 (hopefully never, but in case you do), always go through Apple for service.

By the way, you should also check the warranty status of the new phone with Apple's support site, to make sure you haven't been shortchanged there, either.

15. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

That won't happen. So you want them to wipe the changes before you send it back? You still have the phone. What if you don't send it back at all? That's why they do that

----------

Apple does the same thing when they ship replacements. They'll want a cc incase you never send it back

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    They will not change it till they receive the replacement.
    Cause then you will have 2 unlocked iphones that you can do whatever you want with.
    Its like putting a hold on your account till they receive the old one and its perfectly normal.
    And next time if you want a warranty replacement why not go through Apple?

17. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

I understand that but I received replacements that didn't have this issue this is the only one.

18. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

19. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

This was recently. Last week. They sent me a replacement that had issues then since me another this week but it's good only thing is it's showing financed.

20. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

Ok so send them the other phone back and it'll go away

21. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If it's not showing off as paid I feel they have no right to tell you not to worry about it. I would demand either a replacement unit, at no cost to you, or for them to change whatever needs to be changed for the ohone to show up, at least on their end, as a paid off device.

Edit: just realized you haven't sent back the old device. Ithere is no problem here.

22. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

You're definitely gonna have to send the replacement back. I've had experience with Apple about this and my Carrier. They won't credit the account back until they receive the replacement. As of right now you do technically owe for a device. You have 2 and supposed to have one.

In other words if you never send it back your device is never going to show paid for

23. nox5 macrumors 6502

Looks like T-Mobile got smarter since your last swap and wants its iPhone back first.

24. Shaqq thread starter macrumors regular

Shaqq

Oh ok I see what y'all saying. I just didn't wanna send the other back and get ****ed over and it never switched back to paid off.

25. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

The only reason it's showing up as not paid off is because you have not returned the defective phone to them. I assume they sent it to you without a credit card to charge in case you failed to return the defective unit.

Return the defective phone. It'll be fine.