Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Well I had a lovely (sarcasm) Samsung Captivate that was a few months old. I lost it. It's been lost for a few days now.

So...I DO have an upgrade, so I'm just wondering, would I be better off just getting the iPhone 4 right now?

Or I could use my old RAZR for awhile until the iPhone 5 comes out. However I heard it might be coming out later than normal this year? What to do guys think the possibility of that is?

Last edited:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
If you can live with a Razr, go for it. Otherwise, just go and buy an iPhone.

Or you can you buy a second hand iPhone on ebay to hold you over.

elit3nemesis

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
Get the iPhone now. I say this because in two years when it is time to upgrade 4G will be fully functional across the country, not like how it is now, here and there. If you get Verizon you get into the unlimited plan which they say will eventually go away. What other major upgrade is going to happen to the iphone 5???? Just my 2 cents.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Well I had a lovely (sarcasm) Samsung Captivate that was a few months old. I lost it. It's been lost for a few days now.

So...I DO have an upgrade, so I'm just wondering, would I be better off just getting the iPhone 4 right now?

Or I could use my old RAZR for awhile until the iPhone 5 comes out. However I heard it might be coming out later than normal this year? What to do guys think the possibility of that is?

It is all about how much money you have to throw at a phone.

That is only something that YOU can decide.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Get the iPhone now, when the iPhone 5 rolls out later this summer you can discern whether you want sell the IP4 in lou of the IP5 and/or wait until the madness dies down and you don't have to wait in line like people are doing for the iPad. Either way you get a great phone now and you can then make a good decision later.

While you'll be on the hook to pay the full price for the IP5, selling the IP4 should offset the cost of the phone to a great deal.

fkhan3

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Get the iPhone now, when the iPhone 5 rolls out later this summer you can discern whether you want sell the IP4 in lou of the IP5 and/or wait until the madness dies down and you don't have to wait in line like people are doing for the iPad. Either way you get a great phone now and you can then make a good decision later.

While you'll be on the hook to pay the full price for the IP5, selling the IP4 should offset the cost of the phone to a great deal.

+1

Earliest you'll see iPhone 5 is June/July. Why wait till then? Just get it now and enjoy it

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
+1

Earliest you'll see iPhone 5 is June/July. Why wait till then? Just get it now and enjoy it

That's basically what I did when purchasing the iPhone 4 last month. I needed to replace my Droidx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.