Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
Okay this might seem weird. My guess is that if it is the real deal, they probably gave it to the two girls to take pictures with it and they're going to use those pictures to show the new image quality at the September event? This is just my assumption.

This is true, I would also say that again, assuming this is real, perhaps they have given them to a select, select few in order to test the phone outside of Apple campus and in different locations to test the antenna to prevent anything like antennagate from happening again. Maybe even asking them to grip the phones tightly as they use them. Long shot, but it's fun to make up scenarios I suppose.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Maybe it was the heat getting to you or maybe it was a knockoff. Who knows? All I know is if this happened to me, I would definitely have gotten excited and come here to post it. Posts like this (with nice calm responses more like a conversation) is what I love about the community on this site :)

Jedi5

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
North Burbs, IL
More likely a knock off. Why would two young girls have an iPhone 5. I do love the mockups though.

I wouldn't necessarily rule out the OP's story. Sure pics would help out but I don't find it that unbelievable that someone might not be walking around with the new phones already.

A few years back, I had in my hand not 1 but 3 new phones that had not been released yet to the public. In fact I might have had them in my possession 1-2 months before any pictures whatsoever of the phone started to surface. Thing was I knew nothing about phones so I had no idea that I had phones that people were eagerly anticipating.

Anyone remember the Motorola V365? I could be wrong, but I don't *think* it was ever released here in the states. At the time, the V365 was the latest and greatest to come out. I was being offered $300-400 for my phones. As you can see in the link I posted, users didn't believe me either till I posted my pics as proof.

So while pics in this thread would be helpful, I sorta believe the OP saw something as it happened to me with my phones.

Muro

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2011
Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Maybe it was the heat getting to you or maybe it was a knockoff. Who knows? All I know is if this happened to me, I would definitely have gotten excited and come here to post it. Posts like this (with nice calm responses more like a conversation) is what I love about the community on this site :)

"Posts like this (with nice calm responses more like a conversation) is what I love about the community on this site"

You totally said it right, I'm quit new on this forum and it truelly amazes me how relax and helpfull people here are....really Awesome, keep it up folks!

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Okay this might seem weird. My guess is that if it is the real deal, they probably gave it to the two girls to take pictures with it and they're going to use those pictures to show the new image quality at the September event? This is just my assumption.

That's a big if. You reckon after Gizmodogate and Antennagate that Apple is going to hand out iPhone 5s to the general public to test?

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
great story.But nothing is sure till Steve jobs comes up to the stage with the new iPhone on his hands

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.