Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
Me: (jokingly) Time for a real speed tests, opening Angry Birds!

Rep: Oh it's not activated so you can't download anything, but it's dual core so it's twice as fast as any other phone.

^What the heck are they teaching these employees nowadays? Anyone else have those dumb/lying employee moments?

bjett92

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Indy, IN
That's the Sprint store for you. And I'm a Sprint customer. Actually that's just about any phone retailer as they are some of the most uneducated retail employees I've ever seen.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
That's the Sprint store for you. And I'm a Sprint customer. Actually that's just about any phone retailer as they are some of the most uneducated retail employees I've ever seen.

I know... It's really sad. Most of the time I teach the employees, instead of vice-versa. I've yet to meet a cell carrier employee that seemed very knowledgable with their (or other people's) phones.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
To be fair, that's probably what most people would prefer to hear. Not everyone going into a phone shop gives a chuff about how fast the RAM is clocked.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
They employees are really there to sell the phone. They're just told that it's "twice as fast as any other phone since it has dual core" and they just relay that information over to the customer.

lol @ the fail though.
dual core ≠ twice as fast

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.