So is anyone who has a 6+ able to keep their phone straight?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snarestud940, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

So, ever since my phone came in yesterday, I've been able to keep it straight, and not be bent. However, everyone that I show the phone to says that it is supposed to be bending soon. Am I the only one who is not bending my phone? It seems to me this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion. I don't wear tight jeans, and I don't put my phone in my back pocket and then sit down. Obviously, I sit down with it in my front pockets, but my pockets are not supertight. I just don't understand what all the big fuss is. If you put it in your back pocket, it will bend if you squat, or sit. I even got home from work earlier last night, and my wife told me to watch the news and send my phone back.

To me, it seems pretty hard to try and bend this phone. If the phone is so tight in your pocket, it would probably feel uncomfortable anyway.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

2. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

I'm pretty sure people who have had their phones for a matter of days are able to keep their phone straight.

3. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I'm not sure if you are serious or not... BUT your phone will not bend under regular use.

4. Glene macrumors 6502

stop "showing your phone" to idiots.....

sheesh, does anyone not listen to their friends and make their own decisions?

OMG, this is outta control...

5. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Most 6 plus will end up never bending, in pockets or not, but many will and some already have, obviously. Although some claim that theirs have bent without any pressure placed on them, that's probably very rare.

6. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I agree, this whole bendgate thing has been blown way out of proportion. It's pretty obvious that a phone the size of the 6 Plus will bend if pressure is applied. Don't want it to bend? invest in something as simple as a case for it. Want more assurance? purchase apple care for your device.

I've read that Apple is offering replacements for bent phones (not sure if that's legit or not), but it's pretty pointless if the recipient is too stubborn to learn from their past mistakes and will probably end up bending that replacement as well. Some people just lack common sense.

7. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the awesome response!

----------

Exactly! That's what I was trying to get at. What are people doing wrong, that they don't understand not to sit on their phones? Thank you for the great response!

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Mine is not bent but then again it's barely been in my pocket..

9. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I always keep my phones in a holster attached to my belt. Bendgate will never affect me.

10. cheekyjeremy macrumors regular

Fits fine in my pockets, not even close to the top. Doesn't impede movement, and moves enough in my pocket that it will not get bent. I love watching the pocket test where a girl who is like 4 feet tall tries to squeeze it into the front pocket of skinny jeans and then complains.

This phone is completely fine for me

11. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

Doesn't get even close to the pressure required in any of the pockets I've tried ... but then i don't wear skinny jeans ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.