so is tweetie still the best twitter app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by caligurl, Jun 20, 2009.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i d/l the free versions of tweetdeck, twitterfon and twitterific to try them out before buying one....

so far i do not like twitterific... too slow and didn't seem to want to respond....

i like both tweetdeck and twitterfon.... but not crazy about tweetdeck's black background (and couldn't find a setting to change it...

i've been looking at threads on here and it seems tweetie is a LOT of people's fave! still? if not.... which one?

2. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

3. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I've really begun to follow trends and searches so with that Tweetdeck for the iPhone is a no-brainer. Tweetie is still very smooth and slick and great looking but there's just a few things I don't know why they're taking their sweet time on -- like notifications of numbers of how many new unread tweets/DM's/@ replies, etc.

Though I still think that with more updates Tweetdeck is definitely going to pull into the lead.

4. DuFFy macrumors regular

i dont use twitter a whole lot but I find tweetdeck to be really nice when i do.

5. astrosaurus macrumors newbie

astrosaurus

Yeah, I still think Tweetie is the best one out there. I tried TweetDeck today and just like their desktop app there's just too much going on. I like the simplicity of Tweetie and it does everything I need it too.

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Take a look at TwitterFon. It works pretty well for me.

7. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Tweetdeck has a major failure and that's that you can't follow trends. For a free app, it's the best but I think Tweetie remains the overall best (and we still have to get a new Tweetie update soon).

8. sal macrumors 6502

I think with twitterfon and tweetdeck, you are set. I use tweetdeck for the group feature(it imports from your desktop client) and twitterfon for everyday tweets. I think using a combination of tweet applications is your best bet.

9. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Tweetie is basically Twitterfon with more options. I used Twitterfon forever after i quit using Twinkle and i finally bought Tweetie and tried it.. and it's very much worth the money. Tweetdeck is just.. ew.

10. str1f3 macrumors 68000

I agree 100%. Tweetie is still the best even though it still hasn't been updated for the twitpocalypse (damn you iTunes!). For right now I'm using Twitterrific. Tweetdeck is a joke right now. You can't follow tends with all the things happening in Iran. It's messy and that makes it worse with a 3.5" screen. They released it too early.

I can't wait until Tweetie 2.0 comes out. It still amazes me that Tweetie on the iPhone has more features than the desktop app (even though that's fantastic itself).

11. allonym macrumors regular

Agreed. The update has been submitted for a week now.

Hint to Apple: employ some more people to review apps.

12. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I've been using Twitteriffic lately. It has a few kinks to work out, but right now I think it's the best looking and best experience for a twitter app. (and I've bought 4 Twitter apps! so I do quite a bit of review)

Order of favorites:

1. Twitteriffic
    2. Tweetie
    3. Twitterlator Pro
    4. Twitterfon
    5. Twinkle
    6. Tweetsville

13. allonym macrumors regular

Is Twitteriffic apocalypsed?

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Not anymore.

15. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

WTF is that? lol.

16. allonym macrumors regular

Thanks! I might give it a go.

17. marcol macrumors regular

18. allonym macrumors regular

The current version of Tweetie isn't completely screwed by it but some things don't work properly, like searching (which returns a single result).

19. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

There's so many other great Twitter apps out there for the iPhone/iPod. Just because Tweetie has had the most recognition by being advertised by Apple months ago, doesn't been it's THE best.

I agree, Tweetie is a fast, slick and great app. But does NOT by any means have the most options, features etc.

20. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Waiting on the twitpocalypse update as well (in addition to Beejive). :mad: I can only imagine how maddening as a developer it must be to get negative ratings while the app is sitting with Apple.

21. Tunnelrunner macrumors regular

I swear by both Twittelator Pro and Tweetie.

TP has the edge in that it auto-refreshes/updates itself.

Tweetie has the edge because you can actually delete your own tweet (if you don't like it) and I find it easier to follow someone back on it.

So I keep both!

22. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Twitterlator Pro is the best to me. I tried all except tweetdeck. I am not sure that I want to change from twitterlater pro. I heard tweetdeck is just like the desktop though. Search is good on TP, but TD on desktop is awesome. If they implemented it good, I will surely try it out.

23. MacBoyJay macrumors newbie

I think the TweetDeck is a top notch twitter app for the iphone/itouch :D

24. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I use (and quite like) Twitterriffic Premium, but the iPhone as a platform is certainly not lacking for good Twitter clients. Much if it comes down to subjective judgement.

25. aforty macrumors 65816

I think Tweetie is still the best Twitter app by far.