Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stil

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
I use Twittelator Pro and TweetDeck. If I haven't checked my stream for awhile I like the TweetDeck groups but for most functions prefer Twittelator Pro. I find it to be better than Twitterfon, Tweetie Twitterific. I also use Birdhouse for when I think of something I want to post later.

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
I use (and quite like) Twitterriffic Premium, but the iPhone as a platform is certainly not lacking for good Twitter clients. Much if it comes down to subjective judgement.

Twitterific Premium is the only one on my iPhone. I love it. I love the fact that it uses icons at the bottom, you know? Every single Twitter client on the iPhone uses the same old boring black bar at the bottom. BORING.

domness

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Twitterville has got some great features but is down due to the twitpocolypse. Tweetie just runs fast but is very low on features. TweetDeck is a complete UI MESS. Twitteriffic is pretty cool.

I'm mainly using a developer build of Twitterville. Got great stuff such as Notes, Themes, Trends, Search, Nearby, Twitterurly, Watch Users, URL-Shortening, Location, Choice of image services, Spread Tweet, etc.

Wateroksnmud

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
I've used twitterific prem and twinkle for EVER. Good apps. Just bought tweetie, and seems as soon as the apacotweet or whatever is fixed, it will once again lead the way. It seems superior.

Wolf Gang

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
Twitterfon and Tweet Deck

I personally like Twitterfon and Tweet Deck... I say they both blow away tweetie, and they are both free.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
I think simplytweet is the best. Most people haven't heard of it, but is absolutely PACKED with features, and there is a lite version too that is full of features. Give it a try.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
I personally like Twitterfon and Tweet Deck... I say they both blow away tweetie, and they are both free.

How so? Twitterfon is just Tweetie with less features. Tweet Deck is an F'n train wreck. Way too much clutter on it.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
How so? Twitterfon is just Tweetie with less features. Tweet Deck is an F'n train wreck. Way too much clutter on it.

Everyone has their own preference. For me, having a unread count is a big factor and Tweetie doesn't have that. Tweetie also won't load the replies and DMs until you click on it. For me that's all negatives. I don't mind the "clutter" of TD, I think it looks great and easy to navigate.

Plus, I like free. :) anyways, everyone has their own opinions.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Everyone has their own preference. For me, having a unread count is a big factor and Tweetie doesn't have that. Tweetie also won't load the replies and DMs until you click on it. For me that's all negatives. I don't mind the "clutter" of TD, I think it looks great and easy to navigate.

Plus, I like free. :) anyways, everyone has their own opinions.

Ah, gotcha. I never noticed those differences between Twitterfon and Tweetie.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I think simplytweet is the best. Most people haven't heard of it, but is absolutely PACKED with features, and there is a lite version too that is full of features. Give it a try.

I've been beta testing for the dev of SimplyTweet and I'll just say that there's A LOT on the way. It truly is one of the better iPhone Twitter apps.

I use Tweetie now because I got the 3GS and he hasn's added my new UDID to his list. Only thing Tweetie has on it is the dark theme. As soon as that is implemented in ST, I'll be right back to it and won't look back.

As an afterthought, Twitterific's icon is hideous.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
I've been beta testing for the dev of SimplyTweet and I'll just say that there's A LOT on the way. It truly is one of the better iPhone Twitter apps.

I use Tweetie now because I got the 3GS and he hasn's added my new UDID to his list. Only thing Tweetie has on it is the dark theme. As soon as that is implemented in ST, I'll be right back to it and won't look back.

Yeah I've been beta testing for simplytweet too. It's amazing how much it has changed since it's release. The dev just keeps adding more and more features.

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008

I don't know what you mean. The twitterrific icon is the most well known icon for twitter. Many people have stolen or copied it.

I also can't wait for tweetie 2.0. Twittlelator Pro has introduced way more features than Tweetie has recently.

BTW, what happened to the Tweetie update? the developer submitted it three weeks ago. Twitterrific was updated in a couple of days for this. The App Store is way too slow. Tweetie right now is almost unusable because of this.

I'm using Twitterrific, and while the GUI is georgeous, the UI is horrible.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I don't know what you mean. The twitterrific icon is the most well known icon for twitter. Many people have stolen or copied it.

That slack-jawed bird with the vacant stare is the best known twitter icon?? :eek:

I always thought the "t" on the Twitterfon icon was the most popular.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2007
Tweetie is pretty broken now with the search/trend problems of only loading 1 tweet at a time. I think they said they submitted the fix to Apple but of course Apple is taking their sweet time ..

.. or has this been fixed already?

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I've been switching between Tweetie and TweetDeck, currently using TweetDeck now, I like how it syncs your groups with the Desktop version, yes, at first it has a lot going on, but you can customize it to meet your needs/wants..

But between Tweetie and TweetDeck, you can't go wrong with either one.

adamfishercox

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2007
Twitterriffic stores Tweets. It's UI is less than perfect.

Tweetie is gorgeous. It doesn't store tweets for offline use.

Everything else is either a UI mess or not free :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.