So.. Is your wallet crying this holiday or will it be happy? Lol

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by WhiteIphone5, Sep 11, 2013.

1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

I'll be buying:
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 5
    Xbox one
    GTA V
    COD Ghosts
    27" iMac

Oh man there goes all my savings....

How about you?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

iPad 5
    A second Lens for my Nikon
    Whatever else my wife wants.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Too early to even think about Christmas shopping. My wallet is usually happy because I only spend less than $300 on gifts that usually consist of stuff I find on Etsy and then whatever people mention what they really need during the year, and then it's usually a quick trip to Wal-Mart and Target to get some paper supplies, arts and crafts stuff, and candles. Plus whatever else that looks nice in the home and garden section.

I'm buying the iPhone 5S before then.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I do most of my shopping in Aug/Sept, stuff is always way cheaper on those months and I can get great deals on a bunch of stuff.

I always travel to visit my family on Xmas so my wallet always cries at that time w/out gifts.

5. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

wallet will be a-okay

My family are super easy to shop for (everyone needs $.) As for me, my wallet will be fine. It's next year/2015 when my wallet will probably have a coronary upgrading Mac and some portable.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If it is crying it is because between travel home, home repairs, and gifts for my family. I try not to spend massive money on myself in the third quarter.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Gaming computer
    Battlefield 4
    iPhone 5S w/ leather case
    JACKETS!

8. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

That's awesome.

9. malman89 macrumors 68000

My wallet will be just fine.

Most of my friends/family don't require anything expensive or fancy, thank goodness.

The only major thing I'm buying soon is a new laptop, but I've already got the funds saved and set aside for that, completely separate from my IRA, savings, and auto emergency savings accounts.

Going to wait and see if a Surface 2 is impressive enough to buy. If not, going for either a Win8 Ultrabook or MBA possibly.

10. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

It will be happy, there's absolutely nothing coming out that I want to own until next year and so far X-MAS gift list for relatives isn't too pricey either.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I have one of those boring inanimate wallets so it's not crying, but I have about $1100 worth of various things preordered. That doesn't count an iPhone 5s at some point!

Edit: Oh and I'm going overseas soon so that'll chew up a bit more money too.

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

1. Car (bought, awaiting delivery)
    2. iPhone 5S

Yup, my wallet cries. A lot these days.

13. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Oh wow nice.

What kind of car? If you don't mind sharing.

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Ford Escape, Titanium trim.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I have some gift cards to offset any possible iPad expenditure. I was going to get an iMac for my kids but I think we can limp along with what we have for another year.

I'm making a concerted effort this fall to pay down my credit card - translation. We're going to have a smaller holiday season.

16. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I bought my mom and her best friend a cruise for her birthday (Sept. 10), they depart in early January. So, she's already taken care of.

Will probably get my dad an iPhone. He's still got a 3g flip phone. May also get him a Kindle Paperwhite.

For myself:
    PS4 (bought 2, so selling one to offset the price of the one I'm keeping)
    Call of Duty and Watch Dogs
    There are a bunch of Blu-ray steelbooks coming out that I've pre-ordered
    My 2009 iMac could use replacing, but I'm waiting as long as I can

Skipping the 5S. I'm happy with my regular 5.

So, my wallet shouldn't be hurting too bad.

Another positive is that the car is paid off in March next year, so that's 450 bucks in my pocket every month and the car only has 24K on it.

17. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Not crying.

No major or large purchases on the horizon.

My family in the United States consists of one person :)(). I'll get something nice for the gf, but that doesn't mean it will be expensive.

Have the 5, not upgrading to the 5S.

Also, I know it's nice to get things and travel for the holidays, but I don't agree that people should put themselves into CC debt over it..

18. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

My wallet is not.....crying. Nor would I make so bold as to think it might be a happy wallet. If pressed, I'd say it is a wincing wallet.

Earlier in the summer, I ordered a CTO 13" MBA (512 SSD, 8 GB Core i7), but, as it wasn't ready before I had to return abroad to work, I bought a refurb 11" MBA as an immediate necessity, (8GB RAM, 256 SSD and i7 Core) which is a lovely, blazing fast machine.

I also bought ann iPad mini, and a Logitech keyboard to accompany it.

Subsequent purchases included a Saddleback small water bag, and a few BookBook products for the MBAs and the iPad.

And yes, I also bought a new briefcase........a handsome piece of leather by the US company Colonel Littleton.

Books, clothes and CDs (yes, I still buy CDs) are normal, regular purchases.

Oh, and I also invested in a camera, an old (film) rangefinder and a few lenses to accompany it when it - eventually - is brought out to play.

So, yes, I have a wincing wallet......

19. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I don't know. I am not allowed to do the finances, so clueless. Just joking. We always budget a certain amount every year for the holidays. Our holiday shopping starts mid summer.

We always have a good idea of what is needed and look for it on sale through the latter part of the year. It has saved us a lot of money over the years being early. Plus no frustration with last minute shopping. Usually done by November except for little non important things.

20. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

not easy being old.

a new Lego kit for the kids. frikin' kids.

and a 'Retirement Plan' contribution. yay old people.

thanks wallet, you rule. :)