So, it's been around 2 months....how's your iPhone 4 looking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by palmerc2, Aug 20, 2010.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I have scratches all over the back of mine, with a quick look over it looks to be around 3-4 dozen. A few of them are deep to where I can feel them, and the remainder of them are small like spider webs but still very visible in certain light. I would post pics but my camera broke while on vacation...

There's maybe less then a dozen on the front, but I really have to look for them. They are as thin as spider webs such as the ones on the back.

I really don't understand this....I have taken care of it since the day I got it, never used a case, always kept in a pocket by itself....its just strange thats all....I thought this glass was supposed to be the cats ass in scratch resistance.

How's everyone else's iPhone 4's looking?

2. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Looks great because I put a skin on front and back. Not taking chances with this phone, unlike the past ones that I left completely naked.

3. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

My front screen is flawless. Not a single scratch. The back only has five scratches. 3 from when a friend put it down on a table. And two from when I dropped it about 6 inches onto a metal thing. I basically never put my phone on a hard surface. If I have to lay it down on a table or hard surface, I put it on a piece of paper or napkin or whatever. So yea....thats my phone.

I nearly had a heart attack when my friend laid it on the table. I was depressed about the three scratches for about two weeks.

Edit: The 5 scratches are all light. You can only see them when light hits them at the correct angle. Also, my phone is totally naked.

4. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

just like it was when I opened the box.I went directly from the apple store on launch day to BB to get the IS installed. I've been thru 4 of them, but it is perfect. Also have a case installed (belkin sheild esclipse) with the IS front and back. Works rgeat

5. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

Mint, but my invisible shield on top looks like $H!t.... that's ok though it's doing the job it's suppose to do.

6. RS232 macrumors regular

RS232

Can't believe it is two months since I got it! I had a tiny scratch on the bezel and a scuff mark but used some Brasso to get rid of them! Apart from that, it is in great condition. My Sena case just got confimed delivery after a 3 week wait, so some protection on it's way! :D

7. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

they just came out with the incase slider for the iphone 4g. anyone have it? is it good? does it cause bubbles to appear when the case is fully in?

8. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Mine is looking great, only a tiny scratch on the back, and I haven't even had a case on it at all.

9. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

Mines is brand new condition, thanks to my Otterbox Defender :D Dropped it today from my waist to a concrete floor and it just bounced pick it up and only got a few dings in the plastic on the defender.

10. bri1212 macrumors 6502

what kind of idiot buys a $600 phone and doesn't put it in a case

what kind of idiot buys a $600 phone and doesn't put it in a case?

11. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

got invisible shield front back, just put on the bumper a month ago. looks good, except for a few scratches from before i had the bumper

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Using an incipio feather case. Got about a dozen tiny fine scratches on the home button and that's about it. Front and back glass still perfect. Did find a stuck pixel last night near the bottom right corner but I don't care like I would've when I first got the phone. 10 more months until iPhone V. lol

13. palmerc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

palmerc2

what kind of idiot takes a beautiful, extensively thought design and covers it up?

the door swings both ways

14. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

back is mint because i have a zagg's invisible shield on it
    stainless rims are mint because i have a bumper on it
    front screen is naked and looks mint
    home button has many micro scratches viewable on an angle in bright light

very happy so far :D

15. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

Get a girlfriend...

16. teezee09 macrumors member

Back is in mint condition thanks to a BSE film. Front has a very tiny - approximately 1mm - scratch. I only notice it when I'm cleaning the phone and the screen is off. Not sure how it got there, but I've since put on a screen protector to prevent any more. The stainless steel frame is perfect thanks to my bumper. This thing is still absolutely beautiful considering how many times I've dropped it; I've got some serious butterfingers.

17. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

You could not tell mine apart from a brand new one from the box. I take excellent care of my gadgets. That way when a new and improved one comes out I can sell mine as "like new" and get a great price for it. I keep the boxes and all documents.

18. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

lol...yea I need one :)

19. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

thank you for this this post

If I drop it and it breaks its my fault for being careless and Ill buy a new one...I find cases to look disgusting

20. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

i switch between naked and the bumper and have had it since day 1. it looks just as it did when I got it. It always amazes me to hear how careless some people are with their phones.

21. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Mines looking good, still brand new looking and without a cover.

22. DARKiLLUSiON macrumors 6502

couple tiny scratches on the back but the front is looking flawless(had a screen protector) lol guess that's cheating

23. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

My front *seems* perfect although I am not using a screen protector. The back *seems* perfect although there could be a small scratch on the Apple logo. I use a Griffin motif case.

I say "seems" as I really try not to look at these things in the sun which I know exposes the smallest flaws.

24. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

My front has some minor scratches but not a bog deal sine I got my sgp oleo on it now.

25. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

I suppose it would be more meaningful if we all advised how we care for our phones. I put mine in its own pocket in various pants. Nothing else. At home it rests on a thick microfibre cloth.