Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
Guys... give iPad 4th generation some love.

This forum is now swamped with iPad mini-me and not much about the new new iPad...

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
I love you iPad 4 :)

that ok?

Don't know... ask iPad 4 or Apple!

Based on the biased sample of the MacRumors forum... looks like iPad mini will sell out quick and iPad 4 will disappoint.

Honestly if the mini works out, I will probably not buy another full size iPad in the foreseeable future.

But then again, when people do that, it will hurt Apple's revenue, their profit will likely to be higher anyhow (higher margin on the mini).

j.applewood

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
iPad 4 isn't big of a deal that's why. No one with iPad 3 it's going to upgrade to that.

Uh.. False.

"Some 140,000 devices were put up for sale on Gazelle.com Tuesday – a 700% spike from the day before, says Anthony Scarsella, chief gadget officer at the site. Half of that increase occurred in the hours just before the announcement, he says – and the most common model put up for sale was the “new iPad” released just six months ago..."

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/24/ipad-resales-jump-700-1000-alongside-apples-media-event/

ijha

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
I'm curious how the so-called 'heat-issue' is resolved in this new model.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Uh.. False.

"Some 140,000 devices were put up for sale on Gazelle.com Tuesday – a 700% spike from the day before, says Anthony Scarsella, chief gadget officer at the site. Half of that increase occurred in the hours just before the announcement, he says – and the most common model put up for sale was the “new iPad” released just six months ago..."

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/24/ipad-resales-jump-700-1000-alongside-apples-media-event/

Maybe they wanted a mini.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I'll upgrade if there's an app I really like and it works much better with the A6. Or at least, I will If I can dump the 3 for a decent dollar.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I don't doubt the 4th gen will sell, and it's a beastly piece of kit, but is it exciting? I lean towards no.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Im glad there is no chat, that means I shouldn't have any trouble getting the color or size I want later tonight hopefully!

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
The only reason I want the newer iPad because this two-cord thing (30-pin for iPad and Lightning for iPhone 5) is annoying as hell. Aside from that, there really isn't much else that entices me. I'm sure the A6X chip is awesome and all, but all I use is Safari, Facebook, Messages, and Mail, none of which benefit from a faster processor. As for the HD FaceTime camera, that's a great addition IMO (VGA is a fckn joke on something so expensive and especially in 2012!) but since I only use FaceTime about once a month, I could easily live without it.

The only way I'll upgrade is only if I can get what I'm asking for it on Craigslist (the same price Apple is selling their refurbs). I refuse to spend a whole lot just for the sake of the Lightning connector.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Its because theirs not much of anything new being offered to the end user worth upgrading to...Tell you what this is a wonder time for an Ipad 3 buyer..

Lance-AR

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2012
Little Rock, AR
IIRC, the iPad 4 panels only have half the backlighting of the iPad 3. I would think this would help with the heat but I don't understand why the battery life didn't increase if it were true.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Its because theirs not much of anything new being offered to the end user worth upgrading to...Tell you what this is a wonder time for an Ipad 3 buyer..
This is the perfect time for me to upgrade my first gen iPad :)

Or should I wait for the 5?

cwazytech

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2009
Colorado
I think if Apple really wanted to make waves with the 4th Gen iPad, they should have introduced a 128gig model. That's what I'm holding out for.

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
The only reason I want the newer iPad because this two-cord thing (30-pin for iPad and Lightning for iPhone 5) is annoying as hell. Aside from that, there really isn't much else that entices me. I'm sure the A6X chip is awesome and all, but all I use is Safari, Facebook, Messages, and Mail, none of which benefit from a faster processor. As for the HD FaceTime camera, that's a great addition IMO (VGA is a fckn joke on something so expensive and especially in 2012!) but since I only use FaceTime about once a month, I could easily live without it.

The only way I'll upgrade is only if I can get what I'm asking for it on Craigslist (the same price Apple is selling their refurbs). I refuse to spend a whole lot just for the sake of the Lightning connector.

Exactly what I am doing.

I am picking up an iPad mini just because :)

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
IIRC, the iPad 4 panels only have half the backlighting of the iPad 3. I would think this would help with the heat but I don't understand why the battery life didn't increase if it were true.

Where did you read that? If you mean they are using IGZO panels, I haven't seen any suggestion and certainly no confirmation of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.