So...my Black Friday discount wasn't really a discount...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eMace, Nov 28, 2018.

1. eMace macrumors member

Did anyone else buy from Apple on Black Friday thinking they were getting a deal? I bought an iPad on Apple's website thinking I was gonna get a $50 gift card (basically a $50 discount). Well, when I checked out, they took $50 off the iPad and added a $50 gift card which they charged me for. So it's basically a wash. I called Apple to make sure a mistake wasn't made, the rep told me "Yeah, that's how the Black Friday deal works, we're so sorry...". So all they did was give me the "privilege" to switch my $50 cash for a gift card! Who would think that's a good deal??

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If I understand this right, for the same money you got an iPad and a gift card instead of an iPad. So now you have a $50 gift card to use on your next purchase.

3. ruka.snow macrumors regular

ruka.snow

You could have chosen to just pay full price for the iPad and not get a gift card, that way you would not have felt cheated and would not have an extra $50 to spend on iTunes later.

4. G5isAlive macrumors 6502a

Scratches head.. trying to figure out how the math does NOT work out to mean you got exactly the deal advertised?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its not a great deal, but it is a deal. If I went and bought an iPad now, will I get a gift card? No, it was just for that weekend, so you got something that you cannot get now

6. eMace thread starter macrumors member

Holy crap you guys are right. lol! I thought it made sense when I ordered it but then I started thinking too much and confused myself. lol

7. G5isAlive macrumors 6502a

Too much happy juice? Smiles

8. eMace thread starter macrumors member

haha unfortunately no, that was all natural :(