so. no new macbook pro... wait or not???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by travistrain, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. travistrain macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2010
    #1
    so apple didnt release new macbook pros, just airs. Should I wait to buy my first mac or just go ahead and buy one now???
     
  2. aeboi macrumors 65816

    aeboi

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2009
    Location:
    Bay Area
    #3
    buy it if you need it

    I don't see a point in making a thread about this kind of question immediately after the keynote, I mean people have asked if they should wait until today before buying and nothing was released besides the air, what's the point of asking before the apple keynote and after? Kinda defeats the purpose...
     
  3. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2010
    #4
    I was all set to buy my first Mac, that being a MacbookPro (basic 13 inch), however today has just shown that next summer if I get one now then my MBP would probs have a new OS, and even a new look (the air type Slope) and maybe even flash memory. Who is to say that a MBP now will be fast enough to run a Lion update?

    I know trying to keep up to date with tech is a fools game, however when I know that so much better is around the corner I just can't help but feel that if I buy now I really will feel ripped off.
     
  4. applepearpp macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2010
    #5
    I am in the same boat. I sold off my mbp c2d about 3 weeks ago hoping there'll be an upgrade today. EPIC DISAPPOINTMENT. Steve Job didn't even give mbp a speed bump. now i am not sure what i want to do too.
     
  5. applepearpp macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2010
    #6
    feeling is mutual. lolz. I guess i'll wait til may be Jan. but three months are really long in my opinion.
     
  6. stphnman20 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #7
    Just buy it!

    I bought mine last Monday. If I waited till today to buy a new mac, i'd be freaking pissed off since they didn't introduce any MBP.. But only the MBA.:confused:
     
  7. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    #8
    LOL
     
  8. nexus14 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 11, 2010
    #9
    Really? I thought everyone knew the MBP were NOT going to be updated this year...
     
  9. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

    AppleMacFinder

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    #10
    Wait for three months (late Jan/early Feb) and you'll get a snappy Sandy Bridge MBP :D

    Double Speed Intel HD Graphics, so you don't need to run NVidia
    to eliminate lags with quicktime
     
  10. Carl Abudephane, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  11. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2008
    #12
    Why would you do that? You couldn't just wait 3 weeks to find out before selling your MBP? BTW, there is a 2.8 Ghz option for the 15 and 17" models.
     
  12. infamous84 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2010
    #13
    guys,

    they did update the macbook pro as far as in processor, you can now choose the i7 2.8ghz with turbo boost at 3.46 didnt really see this coming and i just bought mine last week
     
  13. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2010
    #14
    They have been in the front at my local store since it opened in February, then the iPhone 4 came out, now it shares the space at the front with the iPhone 4. I think my local store only has 1 Macbook though, all the rest are MBP's.
     
  14. applepearpp macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2010
    #15
    it was 3, 4 weeks ago, can't remember exactly. I am now living on my hackintosh MSI wind and a very crappy Compaq Presario. the 2.8 option really isn't a big upgrade, know what i mean? I am waiting to see which GPU apple will put into MBP next.
     
  15. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2010
    #16
    Thats only for the 15 inch and 17 inch though, besides I'm not interested in paying how many £'s it will cost me to upgrade to that processor though when a new one should come out soon with it as a base model plus the fact that the Air has openend the door to the MBP having a better display, and even a new unibody slope look.
     
  16. MacNut macrumors Core

    MacNut

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2002
    Location:
    CT
    #17
    The MBP already has a better display if you pay extra for it. Don't hold your breath for anything new until at least January.
     
  17. mrkramer macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #18
    You do realize that your timeframe would put an update in late november or early december after people have already started shopping for Christmas, right? There is no way that Apple will put out any more updates between now and Christmas, probably not until February at least.
     
  18. MacNut macrumors Core

    MacNut

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2002
    Location:
    CT
    #19
    With these announcements today that probably ends any new products Apple will release this year.
     
  19. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2010
    #20
    January; january; january!!!!


    that's all we heard last year and they arrived in April.

    this speculation stuff is just silly!!!!
     
  20. onlnagent macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2009
    #21
    This update to 2.8 was well know months ago in the MacBook pro line. As far as the update. If you watch the buyers guide you can almost pinpoint the updates. There are 2 per year. The next update will be much larger. And will likely include a GPU update. Sandy bridge is likely.
     
  21. MacNut macrumors Core

    MacNut

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2002
    Location:
    CT
    #22
    The MBP was updated mid year, so don't expect anything else this soon.
     
  22. emaja macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #23
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but I could have told you three weeks ago that selling something in anticipation of an unknown change would have backfired.
     
  23. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2010
    Location:
    Chicago
    #24
    wait for the real focus on mb and mbp coming in early 2011, hoping very much so that time does NOT mean March or April.
     
  24. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    #25
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    They did add a highend optiOn for the 15 and 17... Buy now!
     

Share This Page