So that sucked a$$...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViPa, Sep 9, 2008.

?

Did the let's rock event disappoint you?

1. yay

60.4%
  2. nay

39.2%
  1. ViPa macrumors 6502a

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Nope. It was exactly what was expected, plus a few things we were not expecting.

TEG

3. calvy macrumors 65816

Without a doubt.

4. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Your poll is missing..."Doesn't Matter...It's What I Expected"

5. bmh16 macrumors regular

Blimey people are never happy on here about what happens. Just count it as more and a lot better then before. And don't browse these forums if you're only going to be disappointed. Because you always will be if you look at all rumors on here!!

6. ViPa thread starter macrumors 6502a

well, if thats what you expected, then it couldn't have disappointed you, so your answer would therefore be "nay"

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It was ok, but then again I wasn't expecting a whole lot for the iPhone.

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Nope....Wrong again....Didn't disappoint or Excite me in the least...its what I expected. A survey always has a minimum of three choices...for, against and indifferent/undecided.

9. brian4610 macrumors regular

i'm trying to remember the last time i was truely excited about an apple 'event'....maybe the initial announcement of the iphone back in Jan 07, but even that was tempered by the 6 month waiting period for the release...

seriously, when was the last time you were were satisfied with an 'event'??

i know this was ipod/itunes specific, but the only thing i wanted was to hear about 2.1...and it seemed like it took all of 10 sec to announce it...if Nike+ is on the iphone, that would be nice, but it doesn't seem likely...

BTW: 2.1 on friday? WTF.

10. mrowl macrumors regular

what were you expecting? a new iPhone? One that is purple in color and can do your dishes?

Some people will NEVER be satisfied.

11. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Some people want more added to the phone before all the bugs are worked out... pretty funny lol...

12. ViPa thread starter macrumors 6502a

somethin like that :p

13. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Some people are never going to be satisfied with these "events." It's like being addicted to meth: they anticipate the high, but after that first one, they anticipate how good they're going to feel sooo much that they can never reach it again.

Besides, the cat was pretty much out of the bag: new iPod designs, new iTunes, firmware update for the iPhone not too far away. Did you expect Steve was also going to come out with an iSolarCar? i$10Oil? iWorldPeace? The iPresident? A new iFannieMae and iFreddieMac to finance the iMortgage on your iHouse and fix the iEconomy?

There are just more important things to get worked up - and disappointed - over.

14. ViPa thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL @ the comparison between apple and meth..its definitely a close one, buddy!

15. saxman macrumors 6502

I had no expectations, so I was not disappointed. There is always so much hype that nothing can really be delivered that satisfies everyone

16. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

It did, but only coz no iPhone nano came out.

To be fair, everything else that was rumoured came true.

17. Evev12 macrumors regular

How in the world could they not even address the 3G issue. The words 3G never even came out of their mouth - dissapointing isn't even the word, it's a damn shame in my opinion, and I don't need to wait till Friday to judge the update to say that. As a company holding such a major press event it's your RESPONSIBILITY to address your clients' issues/concerns - at the very least they could have addressed the "2%" of their client base with faulty hardware! This is just bad for business and low class. To only add salt to wound they just had to throw in the whole bid about their "new features" too just to get more exposure. All they care about is selling, selling, and selling more. This wasn't about their customers, it was about selling a new product and making more money - good going Apple, you're very quickly losing any little faith I had in you. Where's the good competition already? Cause the lack of it is really making Apple way too lazy for my liking. Here's to hoping the Android phones and Nokia Tube can bring some class and customer care back to the marketshare.

18. brian4610 macrumors regular

HA, this might describe me perfectly...

the first event i remember is when itunes was released for windows (PC user in 2003), and i remember spending a ton of $$ that day buying songs i forgot about and filing up my recently purchased ipod....it was certainly a high that hasn't been reproduced...

kind of reminds me of Pavlov's dog, i hear "apple event", and salivate at the thought of having my mind blown...sadly i'm always a bit disappointed.

19. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

Bad

$80 earphones
    Nerfing of the classic to 120GB
    iPhone 2.1 on Friday and vague fixes

Good

Nanos redesign
    NBC HD stuff
    iTunes 8/Genius
    iTouch 2.1
    iTouch changes

I know it's not related but a mention of 10.5.5 would have been nice.

20. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

Because it's a MUSIC event, not a phone event. But I hear ya....

21. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Nope it was exactly what I expected. New iPods, iTunes 8, and the 2.1 firmware. The only thing that made me laugh was the storage reduction of the iPod classic.

22. TuckBodi macrumors 6502

Because it's an AT$T issue?! Be real, it's a network issue.

I have a 1st gen iPhone and almost to the day the 3g phone came out my bars in my house went from 3 bars to 1 bar and lots of dropped calls and delayed voice mail. AT$T pretends it's not an issue but they continue to put up those damn signs saying "More Bars in More Places." I'm starting to think they're referring to liquor establishments!

23. Alloye macrumors 6502a

No disappointment here. The event was as expected. Actually, NBC's return was a nice surprise.

24. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

The have only been 3 in the past few years:

1. OS X
    2. Intel Chipset
    3. iPhone

25. i0Nic macrumors 65816

It met my expectations, but when I found out about the iPhone getting screwed over with no headphone and nike+ compatibility my massive disappointment cannot be overcome.